This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud nine

I am on it. This has been the best month I've had in a while. Everything's falling into place. I feel like my life is finally together.

The new guyfriend is doing wonders for me--we both have an obsession with Kids in the Hall, have the same taste in music, I can joke around with him and be completely silly and he'll be silly with me. It's like I'm playing when I'm with him--but he also gets his shit done and that's encouraged me to do the same. He also bought me a milkshake, which seems like nothing unless none of your previous boyfriends have ever offered to do it. (It's been years since I've had a boyfriend offer to buy me dinner or anything for that matter, so a milkshake is astounding...when I said, "Damn, I'm craving a milkshake. I hate being broke." He said, "Well, let's get you a milkshake then." )

My good friend and I found this gorgeous two bedroom house for rent and are signing the lease tomorrow. Other people looked at it and loved it but seems we're the only ones that had our money ready for deposit. (My dad loaned me the money for my half, he finally pulled through for me after having not for about two years. Of course I'll pay him back.)

My senior paper rough draft is due on Monday but I'm flying through it--Napoleon and his artists in regards to battle paintings as history paintings--ha! It's terribly interesting, actually...

I haven't had one SC at my new retail job yet. I know it's going to happen but at this point in time, all is going well.

It's been raining for three days straight and I sprained my shoulder (didn't know you could do that) but holy shit, I'm actually happy right now.
    Would you like a Stummies?

I is jealous!

I want a milkshake.

Good luck with the house. Hope your shoulder feels better.

It's supposed to rain all weekend here (today was nice but it started getting cloudy in the afternoon). It rained yesterday...should have known my friend was in town from Seattle - I swear to dog he brings the rain with him every time he comes home. But that's OK cuz I have no plans and I have chores to do and I actually like rain when I don't have to be running around town in it.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Your paper topic sounds really interesting!! (Why, yes, I am an arts historian....why do you ask?)
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Milkshakes for everyone!!! (I'm shocked... no-one's done such an obvious thing in years?? holy crap! That's about the first thing I do when I'm interested in someone.... but then... I haven't found any reciprocation in years... maybe that's the problem...).

And your paper does sound interesting (but I'm more of a history type person along with sociology..)
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I'm very happy for you. It's good to hear that things are going RIGHT for someone for once.

I hope the shoulder gets better fast!
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
            Milkshakes for everyone!!! (I'm shocked... no-one's done such an obvious thing in years?? holy crap! That's about the first thing I do when I'm interested in someone.... but then... I haven't found any reciprocation in years... maybe that's the problem...).
            Seconded. I don't think I've ever dated someone without paying for the dates myself. I asked you out, I'll pay for it, and I'd be insulted if you asked me not to. Just the way I was brought up.

As far as the paper thing, it isn't my cup of tea, but it sounds like it'd be interesting if you were into history. Personally, I'm much more fond of my Chemistry and Physics.
            "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Working...
            X