This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I though I was safe...

OK... I'm one of those people who gets emotional during movies... I just get drawn in and they don't let go.
    I figure I'm safe to turn on the History Channel at work... right... educational stuff... nothing can possibly be on there that's going to draw me in and get me emotional at work.
    Nope... wrong... I turn there just in time to see the scene in Pearl Harbor when the Navy carrying the bombers to Japan gets attacked and they have to launch the bombers early... Smiley is drawn in hook line and sinker... and by the time the pilot who is the father to be dies I'm busy crying at work with my coworkers staring at me like I'm insane.
    I was going to wait until I got home to watch Mr. Holland's Opus... but now that my coworkers think I'm insane anyway might as well watch it at work.

My name is Smiley... and I am... a movieholic
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    <snippy> I'm busy crying at work with my coworkers staring at me like I'm insane.
    Wait... you're not insane? Woah... news to me!
    You say that like it's a bad thing...
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Watch Feast, you'll get emotional, but probably laughing your ass off.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I cried during Mr Hollands Opus.
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I'm pretty certain I did too. Still loved it.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Back in the dorm days, I had a roomie who liked sappy love movies. One day, she watched Pearl Harbor. She cried. I laughed. Can't handle blatant historical inaccuracies.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I almost never actually cry at movies. My college roommate cried at Cool Runnings.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't remember ever having cried at a movie. My mom does all the time, but me, I usually just cock my brow and ask if they really had to draw that scene out that long.

Then again, I'm the bastard who laughed during Saw. (At a friends birthday party. One of the more obvious and brutal deaths came, and somehow everyone else but me and the birthday boy jumped. Me and him were laughing our asses off.)
                "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  Back in the dorm days, I had a roomie who liked sappy love movies. One day, she watched Pearl Harbor. She cried. I laughed.
                  I did the same thing with The Twit and Titanic. When she inquired, I proceeded to tell her exactly what the errors were (I was somewhat known in my elementary afterschool group for being the biggest Titanic encyclopedia in the building...what can I say, I like historic disasters).
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I just found it absolutely ridiculous that those two guys were going to single-handedly bring down the Japanese. Two guys who, by the way, are in love with the same nurse who is single-handedly saving all of the soldiers! Ridiculous

I mean, if you're going to do a war movie - do a WAR movie. You don't have to throw a lame love story in the middle of it. I can even handle all of the historical snafus in King Arthur - because they at least kept the Lancelot/Arthur/Guinivere thing WAAAYYYY on the back burner.

I can't, however, watch Shakespeare in Love. Mainly because I strongly believe that an illiterate actor and second-rate business man is not the greatest writer of the English language. Yeah, it's a good story. But how exactly did a man who never left English soil know so much about Italian novellas and Danish politics...hmmmm???
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I didn't cry during Titanic. In fact, I nearly fell *asleep* during it. Why? Well, after sitting in the theater for 3 freaking hours, with roughly *2* of those waiting for the end...what can I say? Sink the damn ship already
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Agreed. First time I saw that movie, I was with my cousins, and they were all crying, but for the two other males, and the three of us were stealing glances at each other like 'is it over yet? Is it over yet? When is the damn ship going to sink?'

I'm not saying Titanic was a movie only women could enjoy, but... It kinda fell pretty squarely into the "Chick Flick" domain.

Comment

Hi Smiley!

Hi, My name is EQ and I'm a movieholic. I cry at Mr Hollands Opus, too. I also cry at any movie that was originally a novel by Nicholas Sparks. I mean, COME ON! The Notebook?! Can you blame me?!? God help me, I cried when "Sam" (the dog) was killed in I am Legend and we'll not get NEAR Old Yeller or Where the Red Furn Grows.

Titanic, however, was the most boring piece of shit I'd ever seen.
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            I didn't cry during Titanic. In fact, I nearly fell *asleep* during it. Why? Well, after sitting in the theater for 3 freaking hours, with roughly *2* of those waiting for the end...what can I say? Sink the damn ship already
                            The day I saw Titanic in the theater, when we got out it was absolutely pouring, get-on-the-ark kind of rain...we lol'd.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              Hi, My name is EQ and I'm a movieholic. I cry at Mr Hollands Opus, too. I also cry at any movie that was originally a novel by Nicholas Sparks. I mean, COME ON! The Notebook?! Can you blame me?!? God help me, I cried when "Sam" (the dog) was killed in I am Legend and we'll not get NEAR Old Yeller or Where the Red Furn Grows.
                              Darn you, EQ, you brought up my one weakness.

Every time I see a dog die in a movie I walk out. Every time. Did it in signs, did it in I am Legend, every time. I take the fastest possible path back to my puppy at home, and I play with him and pet/scratch him for an hour or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X