This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth freeatlast View Post
    I always cry in movies. When my daughter was in elementary school, I took her to see the Lion King. When Mustafa was killed, I started crying. Very quietly. Then my daughter says, really loud "Mom are you crying already?" And everybody in the movie theater started laughing at me.
    Aw. How mean of them! I know I cried at that part too.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

The only film that made me even remotely nearly cry was Ginger Snaps (namely the ending)
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I've seen a TON of movies, and I haven't cried during a film since I saw "E.T." when it first came out.

But... last year, about 5 monthes after my dad had died, I was driving from Grande Prairie, Alberta to my home town (about a 1.5 hour drive) and was listening to a CD I just bought... Dream Theater's "Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From a Memory". Near the end of the disc there's a song called "The Spirit Carries On".

Something about that song hit me hard... I had to pull over to the side of the road for about 5 minutes before I could start off again.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Aside from afore mentioned Pokemon, my crowning moment on crying over odd stuff in movies is Bram Stoker's Dracula.

They killed him, I bawled my eyes out. I've yet to figure that one out.

My name is Bunny and I'm a proud movie emotionalist.
          Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Quoth Setsunaela View Post
            So does The Last Herald-Mage series in multiple places throughout the trilogy.
            Or the last book of Mage Storms with Florian, or Urtho talking to Skan and Kechara at the end of Black Gryphon, or Kalira in Brightly Burning...
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
              Or the last book of Mage Storms with Florian, or Urtho talking to Skan and Kechara at the end of Black Gryphon, or Kalira in Brightly Burning...
              yeah.. all of those too.. heh. my mom cried so much reading Brightly Burning omg..
              "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                I REFUSE to EVER watch WTRFG again. I cry every time.
                Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                gah... why did y'all have to mention Where the Red Fern Grows... I was trying to forget that heart break.
                Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                Damn you EQ for bringing up Where the Red Fern Grows!
                Quoth Setsunaela View Post
                where the red fern grows book made me CRY omg.
                I'm so wonderful.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I cry at movies too.

The worst was watching The Pianist in the theater with my husband. I cried during most of it (the situations just broke my heart) and my husband turns to me.."Are you crying"... my response.. DUH

I also get weepy and some chick flicks. and sometimes on a rare tv show.

Comment

I cannot remember the last time I cried in a theatre, but I am guilty of crying when watching things on the TV (usually when I am alone THANK GOD)...

-the end of Return of the King (especially after having watched the three movies in a row)
                    -a few weeks ago, I cried during an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (the story hit some nerve with me)
                    -I cried at Titanic. I was 17 yrs old. Shuddup.
                    -when I was 8, I cried at the end of Three Men and a Baby (?????)

Anything where I get emotionally entangled with the characters (a good book, long movie, TV series), god help me if something emotional happens to a character, because I become a mess.
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I've haven't all-in-out cried from watching a movie or TV show; I normally just feel bad. However, when I first saw Power Rangers: the Movie I did get very teary-eyed when Zordon died. That's a lot of emotion for a seven year old to deal with.
                      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Quoth Lil Bunny View Post

My name is Bunny and I'm a proud movie emotionalist.
                        *in unison* Hi Bunny

it's good to be a movie emotionalist

Quoth Trayol View Post
                        However, when I first saw Power Rangers: the Movie I did get very teary-eyed when Zordon died. That's a lot of emotion for a seven year old to deal with.
                        I'm almost embarrassed to admit I did too
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                          -a few weeks ago, I cried during an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (the story hit some nerve with me)
                          There was an episode that pissed both my mother and I off; the idiots had thrown away this gorgeous antique cabinet. The woman that owned it also cried because it was a family heirloom.
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I still cry when I watch Dumbo.

When we first got it on VHS, Becks and I never made it through the entire movie because we were crying.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I have cried during various TV shows (Grey's Anatomy is the worst for this, but House gets me once in a while too; "Extreme Home Makeover" gets me pretty frequently, much to my chagrin); the trailer for "Where The Wild Things Are"; every LOTR movie (the chord progression in "Into The West" does it all by itself now); "Slumdog Millionaire" (repeatedly); and, well, a lot of other things. Let's just say my emotions run very close to the surface...

I read "Still Alice" and bawled all the way through it last month. Lent it to my Abnormal Psych prof, who gave it back to me saying SHE had cried all through it and actually couldn't finish it...

The first book I remember crying over was "The White Cat" by Paul Gallico. I think it's out of print now.

Comment

Working...
                              X