X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blas, I like you. I really do. However,

Quoth blas87 View Post
    a spoiled rotten evil little princess who didn't go do it herself......
    pretty much sounds like the perfect description here.

From what you said, you didn't help at all with the sorting out of Nana's stuff from her house. They actually delivered the stuff you wanted to you. But someone had to go through that house and sort everything out. Did you honestly think they would clean it for you, too, and deliver it in pristine condition for your enjoyment?

However horrible your relatives may be (and they may be pretty horrible, from what you've said), sorting through a loved one's things after they pass is dirty work, and I am not talking about dust here. It is unpleasant and difficult. They did this, and not only that, they delivered the objects you wanted to you. Most people I know would say, "You want it, you come get it." And those are the nice people. And you know what? I wouldn't be offended by that.

So yeah, either clean it yourself and get a little dirty or have a professional come do it. Because while your parents said they'd clean it for you, I really don't see why they should be getting their hands dirty for something you, by your own account, didn't lift a finger to get.

Quoth blas87 View Post
    I suppose I was being a little unreasonable and should be more thankful.
    Yes, and yes. Your words are very appropros here.

Look, I hate cleaning as much as the next person. Probably more so. My bedroom would attest to that. (Yet another thing I need to take care of. Damn it!) But if I inherited something from my grandparents or father, something I really loved and/or that reminded me of them, a little dust or dirt or whatever wouldn't make me blink. I would happily get down in the muck and fix that damn thing up.

I like you, Blas, I do. I even consider you a friend. But I tell my friends when they are spouting bullshit, and at least in your initial post, you were a fountain. If the items mean that much to you, you should be willing to put some effort into them. Several people wiser than myself have offered what I believe are good cleaning tips. Take your tiara off, put on some gloves, and follow those tips.

Then enjoy the results of your labor, and when you use those items, remember your Nana. And smile.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
    X