Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's try this again in English please.

So I am selling a bottle of cologne on ebay that was purchased for me that I really don't like.

Yeah, I know, I swore off ebay like last year. But I could use some extra money and haven't had any problems thus far.

A potential buyer asked me this question:

Quoth ebay member
    used perfume, cologne? wow man you are rare umm i would never buy somethin like this
    O RLY? Then why did you ask me a question about it?

Quoth ebay member
    but is it a tester or edt and why are u sellin it u said u used it tell me the reason plz and after all i will buy this for 23 shipped if u want consider thanks
    I thought you said you would never buy it. So why are you making me an offer?

A short time later, I got this follow-up question

Quoth ebay member
    dont take my words offensive plz im tryna b friendly lol i take that offer back 25 shipped tryna b a little nicer what do u say?
    I say you need to take an English class.

Seriously, though, I am going to be nicer and tell him I can't accept his offer. I've got other people looking it at.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Spoken as someone that has bought and sold a lot on Ebay do not take his offer, do as you stated and decline it. He's just the sort of douchewaffle to leave you an incomprehensible negative rating for some silly reason.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

If Ebay works like our local little regional version, the questions will show if you answer them, and others will see what a turd they are.

To answer the first: "Thank you for your opinion."

To answer the second: "From someone who would 'never buy' something like this that's an intriguing offer, but I decline." (I assume your reason for selling is already in the listing, if not add it here - he did ask).

To answer the third: "Let us see how the auction progresses."

Comment

egnlsh? watz tat?!

Comment

The internet: Destroying the English language ever since AOL.

Before AOL the internet was mostly safe. Before AOL people could spell on the internet. Now, you need a translator just to read some sites like Craigs list, EBay, and many forums.

I fear the current generation of English / lanugage teachers.

But - in some people's defense - some of it is a language barrier (but these are CLEARLY not that).
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

How about "I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand you. Besides which, I can only send to someone in my own country, and given your language skills, it would appear that you are not local".

(ok, sure, I'm being slightly racist and un-multi-cultural... and mean )
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I just got a private message from YouTube commenting on my spitz puppies:

"R U sellin ur puppys still?"

Sorry, but even if we did have any to adopt out your lack of typing skills and butchering of the English language makes me shiver to think how poorly they'll be treated under your "care".
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                I just got a private message from YouTube commenting on my spitz puppies:

"R U sellin ur puppys still?"

Sorry, but even if we did have any to adopt out your lack of typing skills and butchering of the English language makes me shiver to think how poorly they'll be treated under your "care".
                But that's how they told me I had to spell on the intarwebz in "Leet-Speek for Dummies"!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What's worse is there are people who not only type like that, they TALK like that!

"Yo ma wazup I wuz jus going down da hizzle and saw yous walkin by and thaw god dayyym whad a booty!"
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

"Can I axe you a question"

"I'm sure axing anyone anything is illegal in all 50 states."
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      "Can I axe you a question"
                      I have a friend whose response to this is "Why did you axe the poor question? Did that question do anything to you?"

"Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                      X