X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centerpiece Ideas

Well, I need some ideas here...

Originally, my centerpieces for my wedding were gonna be champagne glass candles with the wax color matching the color of my bridesmaid's dresses, surrounded by rose petals. But the candle company i was going to use won't give me the color I want for such a small order (I only need 6 centerpieces) so that's out. Now i have to come up with another idea, and the sooner the better.

Any suggestions?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

What colour are the bridesmaid dresses?

Is it too complicated to make yourself?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      What colour are the bridesmaid dresses?

Is it too complicated to make yourself?
      The dresses are Victorian Lilac. The candle idea is too much for me to do on my own, but if i can come up with a cheap way to make a decent centerpiece i'll gladly take it. We're keeping this wedding low budget.

Comment

Do you still want candles or are you open for other ideas?

heres one idea (not for candles)

centre piece idea

one of my LDS friends did this in her colours white with green ribbon (haha but she covered empty cans instead of jam jars) because she had 30 tables to dress, she put pebbles in the bottom to weigh them down

google image wedding centre pieces there are thousands of images
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
          Do you still want candles or are you open for other ideas?
          Nope, it doesn't necessarily have to be candles. I just want to find something cheap and simple but nice looking. I have too many other things left to do to get bogged down with the centerpieces.

Comment

is there a craft store nearby that sells candle making stuff?
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Okay, here are some ideas.

1. What is the minimum order the candle company will make? If it's not a huge number, why not order it and use the excess candles later on in life. My mom is a huge candle person, and if you are as well, I am sure you could use the candles later around the house, if the price is not too huge.

2. Get the candles in a nice neutral color, and do something else with the centerpieces that match the color in question.

3. Do a non-candle centerpiece that matches the colors.

4. Do the centerpiece idea but with a different color candle. It doesn't have to match the bridesmaids dresses, after all. That's just the way you wanted to do it. You yourself said you are open to other ideas.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

At this point, i'm leaning towards option 3. Not taking option 1 cause i didn't appreciate the guy's attitude that i wasn't interested in a bulk order. Option 2 is a possibility, i just have to make a decision. Which is not easy when i have about a million other things on my mind right now.

Comment

Shit, if the guy's attitude sucked so badly, why not just check out another candle company? Just a thought. Also, have you looked at any candle shops in your area? They may have your color already in stock.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Shit, if the guy's attitude sucked so badly, why not just check out another candle company?
                    Yeah but then there's the lack of time issue. Anyone know of a good candle company i can go to? I haven't seen any candle shops, but i have some craft stores near me. I may have to go in and see what they have.

Comment

I'll second the craft store idea. I've seen candle-making supplies at Michaels, and while I don't know if they have the exact color you're looking for, I seem to recall that such candles aren't too difficult to make yourself.

Also, look for local candle stores that may carry what you want. Is there a Yankee Candle in the area, or perhaps a specialty candle store in a mall near you? I remember one candle store I went to in a mall several years ago that had fancy candles like flowers and fantasy figurines and such in addition to the "standard" stuff (which means they probably also had champagne glass candles).
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Yeah, there's a yankee candle in the local mall. I'll have to check it out next time i'm there.

Comment

For my parent's 50th anniversary party, we were on a tight budget. We found some really simple clear glass candle holders we liked that ran about $4 apiece. I checked Dollar Tree and found identical candle holders there for - you guessed it - $1 apiece. We put tealites in them and tied gold ribbon around the outside. Placed them in the center of each table and sprinkled gold confetti around them. Very simple, but very pretty. Got alot of compliments on them.
                          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth freeatlast View Post
                            We put tealites in them and tied gold ribbon around the outside. Placed them in the center of each table and sprinkled gold confetti around them.
                            That sounds really cute. I already have petals i can spread around the candle holders. I may just go with that idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X