This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Over Louisville

Was freaking incredible! It was my first year going, and I was so excited. Sir and I met up with some friends of ours around 1:30pm to find a good spot on the waterfront, which, let me tell you, was a task! Even an hour and a half before the air show was due to start, there were barely any spots left. At 3pm, the airshow started, and we got to watch some killer acrobats, from the LimaLimas, the only 6 man civilian acrobatic air crew, to all the military aircraft you could think of.

The air show went on til 9:30, ending with two helicopters flying two American flags over the river and the crowds on both the Kentucky and Indiana sides while playing God Bless America and some speech written where it sounds like the flag is talking (I don't know the name of the speech).

An Iraq war veteran from our area who was severely injured over there but continues to go on every day got to turn the key that started the fireworks that lasted til around 10:30. All together, there were 56,215 fireworks. It was, to say the least, amazing. A fun day with friends and Sir, and killer send off for Sir, who's been here almost three years and never been to Thunder, and a kick ass show.

Thunder Over Louisville Site
    The Rainbow Bridge

Oh yeah... I got a whale on a stick/leash that was over priced ($10) but the amusement factor all day was a natural 20.. He became our mascot for the day, and chased police officers, tackily dressed girls, hot guys, and snuck up on unsuspecting victims of our group

I'm jealous. We're short staffed at work today because everyone is there!

My company is based over in Jeffersonville, and they all stood in the parking lot last night and watched.

I'm pouting, but glad you had fun!
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

You'll have to come down next year! You can stay at my place, and we'll walk up there We're only a few blocks, so we walked there and walked home. We got home a lot faster than everyone else lol

Comment

I have been before, having grown up in Louisville, and while it's always impressive I can do without the crushing crowds, the Port-o-Potties and the crowds (can you tell I hate crowds?).

Oddly enough I have never been to the Derby. People who actually live in Louisville don't go to the Derby. They go to the Oaks, and all the out-of-towners and rich and famous people go to the Derby.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          Oddly enough I have never been to the Derby. People who actually live in Louisville don't go to the Derby. They go to the Oaks, and all the out-of-towners and rich and famous people go to the Derby.
          So I've heard, but I will go to Derby at least once, as it's a dream of mine.. Just not this year. I don't even get Oaks this year

Comment

Working...
          X