This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you guys wanted pictures.... Here's links instead

Before and After pictures of my car from when I moved to New Mexico over the weekend.

BEFORE:
    http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...9/SDC10815.jpg
    http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...9/SDC10814.jpg

Nice and clean.

AFTER:
    http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...9/SDC10820.jpg
    http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...9/SDC10821.jpg

ZOMG, I have STUFF.

Now it's (relatively) empty again. I used links instead of pictures for two reasons; 1) was to cut down on how much stuff was going on the forum and 2) the pictures were very very big after hitting the preview button. So follow the links and take a look!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Reminds me of my move from California to Colorado back, way too many years ago, in a 58 Chevy II 4-door with bad shocks. The trunk was so loaded there was no room for the spare, so it was tied to the top of the trunk lid with rope (in case I needed it), and a moped was strapped on the bumper sitting on a bike rack that was too small for it.

On top of it, the entire car was full to the top of the seats except for the floorboard on the passenger side, which is where my cat's box went.

Isn't moving fun?

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Lol, I can't wait until I end up moving interstate.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Wow. How long did it take you to cram all of that in there?

I'm really not looking forward to moving again myself. My father's car is too small to fit my drafting table and we're probably going to have to rent a uhaul. Last one we rented, the pin attaching it to the car fell out on the *highway* and... ugh. Not a good day.

Comment

So where does the driver go?
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

If there's one thing about moving, it makes you realize how much stuff you really have. EQ, how the hell did you manage?!!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm just awesome.

Some of the stuff was space killers; like my giant deep fryer (yes, I actually use that thing. It's the size of a small dresser) and my red cooler. Those are major space killers.

It took me approximately 6 hours to cram all that stuff in the car, spread out between two days because it was raining off and on. The drive took well over 12 hours (left at 9am, rolled into town at 2am).

Please take my advice; if you're going to be driving cross country for the hell of it, stop every 500 miles for several hours worth of rest. And avoid Texas like the plague. You'll never get out of it.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Forget Texas, avoid Kansas. If you drive straight across (70) it takes forever. If you have to drive across then go to the bottom of the state is takes longer than forever.

Comment

I've never been to Kansas. But it's on my list of states to go to.

Comment

You have good taste in automobiles EQ.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yes, I know.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        I've never been to Kansas. But it's on my list of states to go to.
                        :waves:

There's not much to see in the western half, but it's very pretty here. And I'd make you cookies.
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

And avoid Texas like the plague. You'll never get out of it.
                          Sounds like PA.

Driving through is bad enough at a good time, but we went through during construction season.

Worst billion hours of my life.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Please take my advice; if you're going to be driving cross country for the hell of it, stop every 500 miles for several hours worth of rest. And avoid Texas like the plague. You'll never get out of it.
                            Add in there Florida...if you're coming from South Florida it takes FOREVER to get out of there!
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                              Add in there Florida...if you're coming from South Florida it takes FOREVER to get out of there!
                              Been there! (Port Saint Luci), Done that! (grandmother no one liked died. Took 12 hours to cross the stupid state ALONE, much less time to go through Georgia and North Carolina)

Never-A-Freakin'-GAIN! I will never return to Florida for ANY reason. I'd rather fight the Zombie Apocalypse by myself!

Comment

Working...
                              X