This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need makeup tips!

My patient care technician class is graduating on May 5 (YAY!) and I'm really excited. Even though we're 'only' CNAs, my instructor is very adamant about making sure we have a nice ceremony just like any other class. We're all going to wear white scrubs; she says our tops can have embellishment/lace/ties/girly stuff, as long as they're all white. White's not the most flattering color on everybody, but I'm pretty sure it'll look nice given the occasion and the fact that we'll all match. I'm just not sure how to do my makeup for it and look nice, but not overdone or tacky. I have red/auburn hair with hazel eyes and I'm a little on the heavier set side. I'm going to straighten my hair that day, and it's layered with heavy bangs. I can post a pic tomorrow if it'd be more helpful. Normally I find I look good with either copper or gold-toned eyeshadows, with maybe a touch of white in the inner corners of my eyes, but if anyone has a more modern or appropriate look in mind, I'd love to hear your ideas
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

If you want to look classy and pretty but not overdone, I'd use a small amount of cover up just where you need it, a touch of power to set the cover up.

I have hazel eyes, I've found earth colors look the best. Usually I put a very light brown all over my entire lid (you can also use a light pink if you'd prefer) and then a medium/darker brown on the crease.

Then I'd apply one or two coats of thickening/lengthening mascara. When you're doing your bottom lashes, you can drag the wand along the lashline and it looks like eyeliner. Quick and easy!

Then I'd probably apply a nude or light pink lipgloss and be done with it
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

A neat little smudge of green along the eye lashes looks lovely with brown tones.

I look best in the brown/coppery tones as well. More colourful accents are nice; the dark green, dark purples, looks quite nice. At least I think they do. I'll have to hunt down my make up and put it on so you can see what I mean.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
      X