Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me personally, I like a guy that I can talk to about anything, but isn't overly-sensitive/whiny/emotional guy. It's good that a guy is about being open with his feelings but it's not cool when he's really whiny about it or closed off about it. Thankfully SO is the perfect balance for me.
    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 04-24-2009, 05:05 PM.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Thank you all. Some of the replies struck to me pretty good.

Now the problem is how to explain it to him without him thinking its a personal attack.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        Thank you all. Some of the replies struck to me pretty good.

Now the problem is how to explain it to him without him thinking its a personal attack.
        Just don't tell him he's being too nice. A quick Google came up with this: http://www.wikihow.com/Break-the-%22...%22-Stereotype . Might see if he matches any of the traits.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          I had a boyfriend who was nice all thetime, we never fought, he treated me like I was a Princess and for awhile I loved it. I enjoyed being pampered but then it got on my nerves. He was always right there.
          Yup. There's being emotionally open and there's being emotionally uh, overkill? I don't want an insecure Drama Qu...King. I want someone who will say how he really feels but also doesn't need to tell you every aspect of every little thing like it's the most. horrible. thing. ever!

It can be a fine line sometimes depending on personalities, and I think Plaidman's friend is out there swaying on the tightrope that is that fine line for him.

Comment

[QUOTE=Evil Queen;545893]

--I like to laugh. (Gabriel Iglesias really does leave me rolling on the floor, so much so I can't breathe and my face turns red.)

[QUOTE]

I LOOOVE this guy. he's so cute and "fluffy"!! anyways, it's most likely too late for my 2 cents but it seems like he's so focused on making his women happy that he may be deep down unhappy and women can pick up on that. A relationship is not all about me or all about him. It's about us. Maybe he needs to be a bit more selfish and be happy himself
            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
              I LOOOVE this guy. he's so cute and "fluffy"!! anyways, it's most likely too late for my 2 cents but it seems like he's so focused on making his women happy that he may be deep down unhappy and women can pick up on that. A relationship is not all about me or all about him. It's about us. Maybe he needs to be a bit more selfish and be happy himself
              "..but it was funny, huh!!"

On a more serious note...it can be frustrating when one person wants to keep everything all "happy happy" as you put it. It makes it hard to really address issues when they crop up, because sometimes it's not all happy to do the work. But you have to do the work if you want to have a real relationship. Life isn't all happy all the time, and you can't have a real connection if you can't deal with the messy stuff together.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My bf is one of the "manliest men" I've ever known. Passionate about his trucks and guns. Regular gym-goer. Happiest when up to his arms in grease repairing a vehicle or fixing small-engine things like lawnmowers etc. In fact picture Chuck Norris - that's my guy. EXCEPT - he can cry at the drop of a hat. Sad movies, sad stories, somebody else crying, anything emotional - and the waterworks begin. He's had many people through his life make fun of him because of that. I'd rather see a guy who cries when he gets emotional than one who beats up people (I've seen too many of those guys and known too many girls who get the brunt of it.) I love him beyond measure, and when we go to a movie theater that I've heard is a tearjerker, I just make sure I bring an extra pack of tissues for him
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

So I told him most of everyone advice. He seems to agree with it. He realizes his faults. He is afraid of girls, and rejection, and did everything in his power not to lose any type of friendship with them.

But he relazes it now, and maybe he'll get over it somehow.

Thank you all.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Um, if he thinks everyone's got to be perfectly happy all the time, and people should never fight, then he ISN'T being honest with his emotions.

Despite what he thinks or says, he's bottling up his emotions and hiding his real feelings. His girlfriends never know where they stand with him, because no matter what he really thinks, it's all perfect and wonderful.

He needs to start being honest with himself.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      I have three spectrums in my life; Really Pissed OFF, Normal (what my SO constantly tells me is "Sad" but I'm fine) and ZOMG I'm ECSTATIC!
                      How is it possible that I have all these long-lost siblings out there and they're all so far away from me??
                      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                      X