Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two domestic question, one serious, one not.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
    I can honestly answer that one!!!!!

if you let clothing sit in a washer for a while(less than a day) nothing bad will happen, however leave a dress shirt in a dryer for 30 minutes after the cycle is done, you're gonna need an iron. That's why.
    OH GOD NO NOT THE IRON!!!!!

/I suck at ironing.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      OH GOD NO NOT THE IRON!!!!!

/I suck at ironing.
      I just bought a brand new shiny iron today - I love for my clothes to be neatly ironed
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Can't you put those things in the dishwasher? Did I see that somewhere?

Not serious: Right there with you, man.
        We used to wash baseball caps in the top rack of the dishwasher. They turned out just fine.

All you need is one of those plastic frames for it to go on and you're set (I think you can find those at the WallyWorld.)
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My parents had a shy, silent washer and a loud, bragging dryer.

In Hubby's and my first apartment, when we had our own washer and dryer, both were silent--mostly because the timer on the dryer was busted and the old thing wouldn't ever shut off on its own. We had to set the kitchen timer instead.

In our current apartment, neither appliance announces when it's finished. They just stop spinning or whatever and wait for the clothes' owner to remember they have a laundry load waiting for them (sometimes it takes 3+ hours, because other tenants forget to set timers).

My in-laws and parents both now have a washer/dryer set where the dryer beeps relatively loudly, but not the blaring BZZZZZZT! The washer sounds like a UFO coming in for a landing.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Our washer and dryer both have buzzers. But there's a button that lets you turn them off and on. Very helpful when I need to do laundry and the kiddo's taking a nap.

Comment

My parents old Washer and Dryer the washer would buzz but the dryer didn't.

I have a new(ish) set of HE front loaders. The dryer has a buzzer, and under some cycles I can't turn it off.

I too thought my washer didn't have a buzzer which annoyed me greatly. Until the glorious day I saw a button marked "Signal on/off" and I was overjoyed. How I missed that button for over a year is beyond me.

Comment

Quoth freeatlast View Post
                I just bought a brand new shiny iron today - I love for my clothes to be neatly ironed
                You're a sick cookie.

...I have some shirts I need ironed. If I bribe give you cookies, will you iron them for me?
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I haven't ironed a shirt in years.

I haven't worn a wrinkled (non-t-shirt) shirt in years.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X