This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was kind of bizarre.....

A little bit ago, while I was sitting here on my computer, I heard a loud knock on the front door. I know it was a loud knock because normally I do not HEAR the front door from my room. So I go out, open the door, and see a uniformed female police officer standing there, looking very official. Um....what the....?

JESTER: "Um, hi....may I help you?"
    5-0: "Yes, is Anna Davis here?" (not her real name)
    JESTER: "Who?"
    5-0: "Anna Davis."
    JESTER: "I'm sorry, but three GUYS live here, and none of us are named Anna."

She then gets on her radio and calls HQ, asking for a repeat of the address. The radio squawks back MY address. But before I can get really worried, she radios back to HQ, "Sorry, the jail must have gotten the address wrong." Then to me: "Sorry to bother you, sir. Have a good day."

Two things. 1. That was sure odd. 2. Anna Davis, wherever you are, you might want to look up. Because a whole lotta of shit is about to drop on your head!

EDITED TO ADD: Actually, it's even weirder. I figured Miss Anna had to have a warrant out for her...why else would they come looking for her? But her name is not listed on the warrants page, and of the two men whose last name is the same as hers on the warrants page, both are listed as being from mainland Florida. And there are NO inmates in the jail with her last name at all. I know, there are other possible explanations, but all I know is that the JAIL gave out the wrong address for a woman the cops were looking for for some reason.
    Last edited by Jester; 04-25-2009, 05:50 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Hahaha.

My name is Anna.

heeheehee

I know someone named Davis.

No, it wasn't me. I swear.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

So ... mental note ... if the cops ever do come calling and ask "Is One-Fang here?" all I've got to do is say "No, nobody by that name lives here" and I'm home free! Yippee!

Comment

Well, sometimes the jails DO get bad info, because we have to go off what we're told. I think a more important question is 1)How did Anna get your exact address? or 2) Anna's related to a person who was taken to jail, and needed to respond.
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Either that or Jester has a secret he isn't telling us.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Hahaha.

My name is Anna.

heeheehee

Suuuurrrreee it wasn't. Uh huh I believe you.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Hahaha.

My name is Anna.

heeheehee

You just happened to suddenly move interstate... hmmmmm
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                So ... mental note ... if the cops ever do come calling and ask "Is One-Fang here?" all I've got to do is say "No, nobody by that name lives here" and I'm home free! Yippee!
                Not quite. I would imagine if you were the one that they were looking for, they would have a picture of you or some vague idea of what you looked like. Since the person in question was female, and I clearly am not, they asked if she was there. Had I been a girl, and they weren't sure if it was me, they probably would have phrased it differently: "Are you Anna Davis?" Also, it is a crime to give false information to a police officer, at least in this country. Just so you know.

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                1)How did Anna get your exact address? or 2) Anna's related to a person who was taken to jail, and needed to respond.
                I do live in a large apartment complex, so it is very conceivable that they either had the wrong apartment #, or that she gave them the wrong apartment #, or she just made up an apartment number that wasn't hers, having been in the complex before. I neither know nor care....it really doesn't affect me even slightly.

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                Either that or Jester has a secret he isn't telling us.
                Yeah, cause I am so secretive about my life with y'all on here.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Maybe she lived there some time before you did?

Doesn't feel right as an explanation, but...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                    Maybe she lived there some time before you did?

Doesn't feel right as an explanation, but...

Rapscallion
                    I've been in the same place for almost 18 years, and I still get mail addressed to former occupants.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

It's certainly possible, Raps, but we have been there 3.5 years, and we are somewhat familiar with the names of the former occupants, who we still sometimes get mail for....who were in the apartment for 8 years or more before they moved out! Just seems unlikely. Mail, yes. Jail, not so much.

Still A Customer."

Comment

She could have given them a fake address???

I know once I had Hertz rental calling my house looking for a really really really middle eastern name. (I couldn't try to spell it if I tried) Anyway they were looking for their car that was supposed to be returned like 50 days ago. Took me two weeks to get Hertz to stop calling me about it. I just like you're never going to see that car again.
                        "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Working...
                        X