This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another creation

I was asked to do a cake for a combination bridal/baby shower. (No, not for two different girls...it was the same person.)

Not really knowing how to accomplish a cake like that without having it come off tacky as hell, I figured I would just make a generic cake with "Congratulations" and some flowers.

This was the result.
    It's not as polished and smooth as I would have liked, but I was also tending to my very active 18 month old granddaughter at the same time, so it's a little on the "sloppy amateur" side, but I figured I'd share it anyway.
    Attached Files
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Looks very nice! I'm sure she'll like it.

Comment

I think it's actually very pretty.

And it looks yummy too. Birthday cake is my favorite dessert in the world.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I think it's lovely, Ree.

Yeah, a lady in a bridal gown holding a baby might've been a bit...much.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Looks nice. It's better than anything I could do

My friend's boyfriend was writing on her neice's birthday cake, and it wasn't coming out so well (well, they didn't have the writing tip and he was trying to do it directly from the frosting tube); she drew some balloons or something with a little tube of gel frosting, and I jokingly asked if I could draw something, too. She said "you can put a flower there" and I said, "Uh, how about a smiley face?"
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think it's really pretty, Ree.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

It looks so good.

Now I want cake. Darn. lol
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I think it's a beautiful cake . . . without being overdone.

I do agree with the sentiment that a bride holding a baby would have been tacky . . . . I wouldn't even know where to find that kind of topper.

If she doesn't like it, send it my way. We'll enjoy it.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I like it! It may not be as refined as you'd like, but I think it's beautiful.

I could never do anything as lovely as that. I like the patterns of the leaves with the flowers, too.
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I'm my own worst critic, I guess.
                    I look at it and see all the strokes in the icing, and I know it's supposed to be smooth.

Also, the icing was a bit soft, so the flowers don't 'pop' the way they should.

I think it's a nice cake, and I wouldn't be upset if I ordered one and got this.

It certainly isn't a candidate for www.cakewrecks.com
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                      <snip>
                      It certainly isn't a candidate for www.cakewrecks.com
                      I just spent the last 30 mins browsing that site! (and I'd still be browsing it if I didn't have something else I should really be getting out the door for) Great site.

Some of the cakes on there are just downright scary, though. (who orders a bleeding cake for their wedding???)
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                      X