X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am so stupid

seriously. i am. i am a huge dumbass.

so, not too long ago. i was on here. reading threads. like most people do. i came across a thread about GPS units being in cars. and getting stolen. and i thought...hmm...i should hide the GPS that is in my car.

id get in my car every day. look at the GPS and think...hmmm...i should hide that. but i didn't. every time i got in my car id tihnk that.

and guess what....

my car got broken into today. and what did they steal? the GPS. big freakin surprise.

the only surprised part of it, was teh pact that they did it at about 1130 this morning. me and my son and my boyfriend were just lounging around. my son was playing with some toys. and then my boyfriend looked around and said,Leah, your alarm is going off.
    i thoought it was weird, and first though my son had grabbed my keys and hit the panic button. but both sets were on the breakfast bar. so i grabbed them and started hitting the panic button, and it wouldn't go off. so boyfriend went out to my car and came back telling me to call the police cause my car was broken into.

so i go out there and look. they took a big heavy rock and threw it through my passenger side front window. they only grabbed the GPS and thats it.

im fucking pissed. excuse my language, but im angry. i called it into the insurance company and filed a police report. im sure they won't find who did it. but we are going to try.

one cop who drove by just to see if anybody saw anything said to contact the GPS company and see if they can get a signal to where it is, and if so, they can get it that way. but we will see.

Aw, that sucks. Good luck.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You cannot beat yourself up over it. At least you and your bf and your son are alright, and it's a learning experience.

Sometimes, this is the only way we learn. Sometimes it's very expensive, sometimes it's not. Either way, it's a life lesson.

I had to learn the hard way to keep my door locked at ALL times. I thought because this neighborhood was safer than the previous one, I'd keep my door unlocked while I was home, except for when I was asleep. Then one night (thank GOD my boyfriend was over!) while I was in the shower, Sheriff tried to get into my apartment! My boyfriend said that he knocked, but he also grabbed the door handle and tried to open it but my bf ran to the door and opened it himself.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
      X