This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Lost Another Furbaby

This is a hard post to write . . . so hard, I've been putting it off almost 3 weeks.

We've lost Autumn Mohair 3 weeks ago this coming Tuesday, simply put. He'd not been feeling like himself for awhile and was starting to have difficulty with breathing in addition to the arthritis in his back legs.

My mom made the call . . . only she didn't call the vet, she instead contacted the local animal shelter to send someone to pick him up and have him put to sleep. We simply couldn't afford this month to get him to the vet, so Mom figured that would be the next best thing to having him suffer.

She did call them back on Wednesday morning and she was told he was put to sleep not long after he arrived.

If it'd been my call, he'd been taken to our vet and put to sleep with me and Mom present, but since it wasn't and money was an issue this is what was done.

Part of me knows we did what was best, but there's a part of me that feels guilty for having to have him sent away to be put down.

While I know he's with his mommy (the notorious Zoey) and his siblings (who had all passed on before him) Monkey-Monk, Moo-Moo (presumably - she disappeared and was never found) and Applesauce (his grandson by Moo-Moo) and I can't recall how many other cousins/etc . . . I hope he knows he was loved while he was here and he'll never be forgotten.

He's currently survived by his cousins Stan and Wendyburger and Rover

He was more than just a pet . . . he was a baby

Rest in Peace, my Mohair baby
    Attached Files
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    /hugs

Comment

*many hugs*
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

*hugs and offers gummi bears*
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Awww...
          I am so sorry.
          I had no idea.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

*sends hugs and many sweets*
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Sorry about your cat.
              If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

Sorry about your furbaby.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

He looks so big and manly in that picture. I'm sorry your furbaby is gone...but he's in a big warm sunbeam having mushy food hand delivered to him. Along with organic catnip and lots of scritches on demand.

Kitty heaven. Murr.

Cutenoob
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

<3 kitties! Long may they purr, wherever they are.
                    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Sally and Baxter send hugs and kitty thoughts.

I know what it's like...I lost two kitties within 6 months of each other last year. Kitty was put to sleep because of fluid in his lungs. The operation was not only expensive, but extremely painful. Plus, there was no guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. I simply couldn't put him through that. That sucked, because I'd had him since he was a kitten

After he died, it wasn't long before I got Snow. Nobody wanted her because she was deaf. Very sweet kitty, who only lived about 6 months--she died last April. Truly sad, since she was fine that morning, and fine when I got home from work. As usual, I got home, picked her up and petted her, then went to do other things. Little did I know what was coming--Snow suddenly fell over while eating her dinner, and died in my arms. Seems she had a heart attack

DGC, I'm sure that he's no longer in pain, and is playing with the other kitties. I'm sure that Kitty, Snow, and Kirby (my grandmother's yellow kitty who disappeared nearly 30 years ago) are showing him how to play with yarn
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've just now seen this thread. I'm so sorry
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

*snuggles*

Comment

;-; I'm sad to hear about your loss, my cats mean the world to me and I can only imagine how painful it must be for one to pass on, I send my deepest condolences! *hugs*

Comment

:comforting pats: there, there™®
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X