This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help finding a finder.

Y'all know all those internet people finding sites? The ones where you pay thirty bucks or so and they find the person you're looking for? Yeah, I am hoping one of you fine folks can tell me which (if any) of these services is reputable and/or good at finding people?

The reason I ask is a good friend of mine is trying to find her long-lost sister, who happens to be the same age as her (my friend's) daughter, 16. So, since the sister in question is a minor and may or may not be in foster care or adopted, this makes things even more complicated.

So my friend wants to find this girl, and is more than willing to shell out the thirty sheckels, but just doesn't want to waste it on a ripoff. So, CSers, once again I call on you for your help!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Most of those sites supply you information for $30 that some creative Googling can give you for for free. You're mainly paying them for the legwork.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Hey Jester, I can't tell you WHO to call, but I can tell you who NOT to call - OmniTrace. I was going to try to find my girlfriend's birth mother & left a message for these people. I ended up getting no less than 12 calls back (two a day - even AFTER I talked to them & told them no way) & they are probably a great outfit if you have $1300 to throw away.
      Tell her to try Troy Dunn's site (The Locator on TV) & try some of the states free adoption sites. Even a simple google search for all related names might work because if the sister has any personal information (names, dates - etc...) & she has been looking - they will pop up on a google search.
      Good Luck!
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
      RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

You could try http://www.theyaremissed.org I believe that is the adult version of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

Quoth sexiphatchick View Post
          You could try http://www.theyaremissed.org I believe that is the adult version of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
          While that's a great idea, I don't think it would apply, as the missing sister is not an adult (she is 16) and she is not missing in the criminal sense....my friend just wants to get back in touch with her, and has no idea what became of her. (Long back story that I will not go into here due to privacy issues of those involved.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X