This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's an epidemic

So, I'm sitting here all dressed up and one of my girls came in and told me, "You look nice. Where are you going?"

I explained that I was heading to a wake.
    She said, "Umm...didn't you just do that?"

Yep, for the third time in a week, I am heading out to attend a wake for a family member of a coworker.
    Last Monday, it was the father of one of my coworkers.
    On Friday, another father of another coworker.
    Tonight, it's the brother-in-law of yet another.

WTF???

I thought last year was bad.

2009 is not shaping up to be a very good year, either.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

*offers hugs*

That's awful. So many people dying.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

*hug* I'm sorry.

Bad things seem to always happen all at once, don't they? Here's hoping that this is the last of it and that 2009 gets better for you from here on out.

Comment

Oh, no...more hugs...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

*and more hugs*

It does seem that way, doesn't it? Who knows why. It may just be my naivete, but I choose to believe there's a reason.
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
            2009 is not shaping up to be a very good year, either.
            2009 can go suck a pickled cactus for all I care. Aside from getting a nice new spiffy President, I'm not impressed with it so far.
            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Tragic events come in 3s in my family. Might be the same for yours.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                Tragic events come in 3s in my family. Might be the same for yours.
                Same here. The 3 events rules sucks big time, most of the time. Although there are some good 3 times too, but most of the time it sucks.
                "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Damn that sucks.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                  X