This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor baby

Last night, I noticed that my cat,Fuzzy Butt, had a puffed up ear.

Not good.

Only months before, he had a broken blood vessel and an ear infection in that same ear.

This morning, I wake up and his ear is purple.

Crap.

So, I call my grandma and talk to her about me getting off of work early to take him. It takes two people to take him. One to drive and one to hold him. If we put him in a cat carrier, he thrashes inside and hurts himself.

So, I got someone to cover my whole shift for me today, of which I'm thankful. I hurried home, got him in a blanket off my bed, and waited for my grandma. When my grandma arrived, I took him outside.

The yowling and crying started. My puddy tat hates being outside the house.

Car ride there, just yowling and crying.

As we walked in, yowling and crying.

As we waited for the doctor, yowling and crying.

Finally, he calmed down and settled himself between my grandma and me. Right at that moment, the doctor walked in and told me to put him on the cold,metal table.

Cue yowling.

My kitty cat has an ear infection and broken blood vessel in his ear. Apparently, he also has food allergies and we never knew until now. We have to change his diet. My poor baby was in so much pain. They gave him a shot to dull the pain.

As it was time to leave, I wrapped him up and he started his yowling. I held him like he likes (as a toddler) and rocked him back and forth as we paid the bill.

On the way home, the yowling got weaker and weaker.

Right now, he is so groggy from the shot. At least he's not in pain. He looks like a big fuzzy stoner.

Hugs for my kitty. He's getting old. We have no idea how old he is because we rescued him from an abusive home.

We have to take him and the other cat to the vet to get their vaccinations. Any ideas on how to get them to calm down for the ride? It kills me to hear their yowling.

Oh looky here! Someone came out to see me! It's my Fuzzy Butt! Seems he is already getting better. Still a bit groggy.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

I hope he feels better!
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Wow. That picture looks like my Fuzzy if he were a kitten and had a tad bit lighter fur.
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Ask the vet for a mild sedative to give the kittiews before you take them in. It will make them a little calmer and should make the trip there easier on everyone.

Comment

Hehe, that picture was posted on CuteOverload on 4/20.

"Dude! Dude dude dude dude listen"

I hope your Fuzzy Butt feels better soon. Ear infections suck, whether your a cat or a person (I've had waaay more than my share...).

My first cat was an indoor/outdoor cat (he was a stray who adopted us, so we never made him a fully indoor cat). He would get in fights with other cats in the neighborhood, and once he had a scratch on his cheek that got infected and turned into a big ugly cyst, and he had to go to the vet and get it drained (it was really gross, too). I picked him up from the vet, and he cried in his carrier (one of those cardboard box carriers) all the way home (that was a fun ride ). When I got home I put the box down in the living room and opened it up, and he proceeded to stagger out like a drunken sailor.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Aw. I hope your kitty gets better soon. Sending good thoughts.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Aww, poor kibby! My fuzzballs send their best wishes for a speedy recovery.
              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
              X