This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stupid body! A rant!

Well crap, yesterday I mowed the lawn, simply mowed my minuscule lawn in 96 degree heat and by last night I had heat exhaustion/heat stroke. I've been at the ER again.

I'm so bummed out because the new experimental shots I've been getting for my lung problems have me feeling about 75% well again after 3 years of being so sick and dragging around all the time. I was so happy to just be able to start resuming 'normal' activities like mowing the grass and gardening again.

Apparently my immune system has somehow involved my body's ability to regulate my bodily temperature and I'm going to be prone to heat problems from now on they think. I've had a couple instances of this in the last few years.

Now they're telling me I have to stay inside anytime the temps go above 90 degrees and no strenuous activities in the heat. I stressed my heart yesterday. I am so so so pissed off/bummed out/depressed that I cannot garden. I've been looking forward to this spring summer like never before so I could garden and go to the beach, two things I've not done for a long time because of my illnesses.

I haven't managed to make any sweat in the last 24 hours and it's a very freaky feeling..
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

I'm sorry to hear that. What about early morning gardening?
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Come to Wisconsin. Guaranteed, we won't have a day over 70 degrees for at least another week or two....maybe even three. And it probably won't reach 90 until July.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Come to Wisconsin. Guaranteed, we won't have a day over 70 degrees for at least another week or two....maybe even three. And it probably won't reach 90 until July.
        But once it does, it will stay that way for at least a couple weeks.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Some places in WI hit 90 this past Friday, right before the huge storm. Not my neck of the woods, but I think we made it to the lower 80s. It was pretty muggy.

I don't remember what 90 degrees feels like. It's been too long.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Boo. I hate ERs, and I'd hate not being able to garden. *offers hugs and comfort*

There's some plants and herbs that can grow in sunny inside spots, but that seems like such a poor substitute.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm going to try first thing in the morning gardening. I cannot live without some form of gardening.
              "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Hmm.

I'd suggest Alaska, due to the temperature, but the lack of sunlight can be a real biotch. (I grew up in Anchorage, the hottest that place ever got was 89F).

Can you do container, indoor gardening? And - would it be feasible to move to a different state with cooler temps? AFAIK Virginia is a hot muggy state.

Cutenoob

(hugs on the restrictions. I hate shit like that)
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

How about indoor gardening? Little herbs and other forms of stuff that can dwell indoors too?

If all else fails, we can meet at Pig & Steak and commiserate with each other.

Comment

oooo I can help ...

gel goodies to keep your cool

I have heat issues myself, if you can keep parts of yourself cooler, it can help your body. The neck has major blood vessels running fairly close to the skin, as do your wrists and ankles. The cooling vest also works. Make several of them so you can change them out as you work. Keep them in the fridge, not the freezer. You can also line a hat with the cool gelpacks. Just soak them in water, put them in a zippy bag so they dont drip in the fridge, or use a large plastic bin like you would use for food =)

Don't forget, lots of water .... inside and out - you can spray down your clothing for the evaporative effect also=)
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                    X