Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now my coworkers are convinced I'm insane.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now my coworkers are convinced I'm insane.

First there was the Dalek. Then the graphic novels that were loaned between me and another cw.

Now...I have finally gotten my hands on the book I've been waiting WEEKS to read!

Yes. I bought a copy of Pride & Prejudice & Zombies! It's sooooooo funny! My office is convinced I've finally lost my mind.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

I'm not certain I can disagree with them :P
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Is it good?!? I have been trying to get my hands on that for weeks.

and you say insane like it is a bad thing
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
        Is it good?!? I have been trying to get my hands on that for weeks.

and you say insane like it is a bad thing
        It's hysterical!! The full-on zombie attacks are ok (I'm not the hugest fan of zombies anyway), but it's the little comments slipped into the text that are the best. For example:

"Mr. Bennet's property consisted almost entirely in an estate of two thousand a year, which, unfortunately for his daughters, was entailed, in default of a male heir, on a distant relation; and unfortunately for all, was surrounded on all sides by high ground, making it troublesome to defend."

If Jane Austen and Max Brooks had had a child together, this is the book that the child would have written. It's a great fun read, and definitely worth the $14 I paid for it.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

The illustrations are hilarious as well.

I saw it in my local comic shop and need to go back and buy it.

Comment

I have the review from Entertainment Weekly on the wall in my cube at work.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
              My office is convinced I've finally lost my mind.

Don't suffer from insanity - ENJOY every minute of it!

I do.

B
              (The guy who does indeed have a flying fuck)
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post

B
                (The guy who does indeed have a flying fuck)
                The one from ThinkGeek?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

For what it's worth, I don't think you're crazy. Not only have I formally requested that the school librarian pick up a copy of this book for us, I've officially made it my "faculty/staff pick" for this month.
                  Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    The one from ThinkGeek?
                    Yep!

For an action pic Check Here

B
                    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
                      For what it's worth, I don't think you're crazy. Not only have I formally requested that the school librarian pick up a copy of this book for us, I've officially made it my "faculty/staff pick" for this month.
                      And that is why you are a cool prof. I'm actually surprised at how good the book is, though I'm withholding final verdict until I see how much they change the overall plot, and how well it's done. But the whole thing is making me laugh like crazy, so that can't be bad! Plus, Elizabeth Barret makes one kick-ass zombie slayer!

Comment

Working...
                      X