This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What. The. HELL?!

So it was a nice day on Monday and I decided to walk into Harvard Square from my dentist (had to get a filling redone) rather than take a bus. I should have waited until I hit Mass Ave to cross the street...

A scruffy-looking guy first asked for money (he wanted $40--ostensibly to pay back a roommate), then tried to ask me on a date Claiming to speak almost no English didn't help...well, he did quit bothering me but not before foisting his name and phone number off on me
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Okay lads and lasses, lets practice our super duper thick foreign accents!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

Okay lads and lasses, lets practice our super duper thick foreign accents!
      But...... but but but you've already all got foreign accents!
      Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Thar' just stuper duper!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My Japanese accent needs a LOT of work (as in, I probably wouldn't fool anyone who has actually heard a native speaker). My stepfather used to do followup calls for car dealership; his collection of foreign accents is extensive and pretty good (why he put on accents when speaking to people of X ethnic group is an amusing puzzlement).

That was probably the weirdest moment of my life thus far. Maybe I should start wearing my grandfather's wedding ring...any plain band on my ring finger should work.
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-29-2009, 07:05 PM.

Comment

The only foreign accents I can do are British and Scottish. *le sigh* And usually those get me asked out more frequently. There's no help for me! LOL Ah well ... Since I've cut off my hair, the guys haven't been looking twice at me. It's either that or they don't want to hit on a woman with a child on one side and a very large, looks-like-he-could-knock-you-out male.

Comment

That's why I'm happy when my wife takes Kiri, Gallon, or Zorro with her when she goes out, no one even comes close to her.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

My can of CreepAway is unfortunately empty from the winter. That guy was hella weird (almost twice my age and he's practically hitting on me...kthxbai). In hindsight I should have called the campus cops right then, but was too puzzled about the whole surreal thing.

Eh, I know what he looks like and where he can be spotted now...why the did the guy give me his name and phone number though?!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  any plain band on my ring finger should work.

Ehh... Hate to say it but that's not always true. I have a pretty simple band that Sir gave me as my engagement ring, and unless looked at closely can easily be mistaken for a wedding band. It still doesn't deter the creeps

Comment

Eh, I know what he looks like and where he can be spotted now...why the did the guy give me his name and phone number though?!
                    Cuz yer purty...
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Why can't I attract the cute geeks though? Why does it always have to be the nutbars?

Comment

almost twice my age and he's practically hitting on me...kthxbai
                        I qualify as creepy, then, as I was blatantly flirting with our cocktail waitress Sunday night who, as it turns out, is literally half my age. (She's 19, I'm 38.) It's all good, I'm cool with it, and she didn't seem phased by it. Of course, I wasn't being obnoxious (for me) or acting all psycho or shit, but whatever. I'm officially The Creepy Old Guy now, I guess.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Aw, I don't think you're creepy at all

This guy was...eager. He was going on about how he had a kid with an ex-girlfriend and now didn't want any kids until he got married (mmk, bye now). Bit of a personal-space violator as well as giving off a letch vibe.

Too weird. I did note that he had a transit pass type that can only be obtained if one has a disability, so he may not have been all there.
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-30-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Aw, I don't think you're creepy at all
                            But then, you don't know me.

My current fling semi-girlfriend lover friend with benefits paramour old friend who is something to me but neither of us knows what precisely considering I live in KW and she lives in Phoenix and neither one of those situations is changing soon......[deep breath] thinks I'm quite creepy. Or at least the situation that we find ourselves in is.

Yeah, okay.....I obviously need sleep.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X