This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Has A New Puppy

I will upload photos, he's a 6 month old blue heeler x staffy and he's absolutley adorable. He's black with grey chest, paws and nose, got the face of a blue heeler and the body of a staffy, oh and his name is Jack.

My other furbaby is not too thrilled at her new playmate but she's definatley asserting her authority over him and he's learning not to piss her off

I can hear him banging on the door and whimpering, I let him and Coby come in and lay infront of the fire to warm up but they can't stay in the house all night, no pets in the house.

The kids love him and he loves them, I've been telling the girls not to ignore Coby just because Jack is here, I don't wan't Coby to think we don't love her anymore.

Something a bit worrying, when we bought Jack home he ran to the back yard, found a dead mouse on the ground and ate it , my main worry is i'm sure that mouse ate the rat poisen we set out because we have a mouse problem in the house, i've been keeping an eye on Jack but he seems fine.

I'll put up pics when I get them.
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Can't wait for the pics. I have a red heeler now and used to have a heeler/spitz mix. Great dogs, if you're not familiar with them they are very smart and very active.

Don't know about rat poison, but a neighbors kid threw a bottle of windex in the backyard and Rascal got ahold of it. We took her to the vet to be sure but she was fine.
    TANSTAAFL

Comment

Puppies are always great. We had a bunch at schutzhund yesterday doing some (very) basic training - more like playing.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Congrats on the new puppy - can't wait to see pics!

Keep an eye on him just in case; you should call the vet or one of the Animal Poison Hotlines asap if he starts getting sick.

Comment

We've had two blue heelers (one was named Jake ) - they are great dogs, but VERY active. And they're herding dogs, they like all of their people to be in the same place. Both of ours were also extremely smart...great dogs.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

When my daughter was a toddler, I had a Blue Heeler-Australian Shephard mix. She was great - she would stay between my daughter and the street. If she tried to go toward the street, Duchess would push with her shoulder and herd her right back into the yard.
            "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
              Something a bit worrying, when we bought Jack home he ran to the back yard, found a dead mouse on the ground and ate it , my main worry is i'm sure that mouse ate the rat poisen we set out because we have a mouse problem in the house, i've been keeping an eye on Jack but he seems fine.
              Very very very very very very very bad. The poison in the rat can have the same effect on the dog (and can take a few days to take effect). Do NOT let the puppy out of your sight - if he is out and about, an adult needs to be right there with him. Puppies can, and will, get into lots of trouble (trust me, I know from personal experience!).

Your best bet is going to find an alternative way of dealing with the rats - spring rat traps may be your best bet (I've been told loading them with peanut butter helps - under the trigger). IMO you should get rid of any poison you have now (don't worry, I've also been trying to deal with a mouse / rat issue outside in my garden, too).
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
              X