This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw something beautiful today

and I'm talking about religion, I will have some personal opinion on what works for me, but will NOT be discussing the merits or flaws of any church... so let's nip those discussions in the bud before they happen.

One thing that I never really liked about the Mormon church was the bringing the sacrament/communion out in the congregation. I always felt it cheapened it, especially when I was passing it because I always felt like a waiter, "hi, I'm Brother Smiley, I will be your Priesthood Holder today, may I start you out with some bread and water?" Now, I know a lot of people like that type of sacrament service, I'm not going to debate that, just stating my opinion that I don't.
    I much prefer when the congregation comes to the front to receive the communion for a few reasons, one it seems more symbolic of coming to Christ for me, it seems less mass produced when each person's communion is blessed individually rather than a group thing before being passed, and what I saw today.
    There is this older lady who was there for the first time, she had traveled from out of town to get a procedure done at the University Hospital and was feeling well enough to go to church. She could barely walk on her own though. What I saw had to be the most beautiful thing ever, this husband and wife that were sitting next to her, had never seen her before that day, hadn't even really talked to her before the service, without hesitation got one on each side of her and carried her down the aisle to receive communion, helped her into the kneeling position and supported her the whole time then when she was done carried her back.
    It is moments like that which give me faith in humanity. When two people, who weren't even asked to help, just saw a need, stepped forward without hesitation to help a complete stranger.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I am glad there are still people like that out in the world. It gives me some hope for humanity after all.
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Yay there's still hope for humanity after all!

Comment

That is so beautiful. The true spirit of what should be. Thanks for that. You made me cry a little. But it's a good thing.

Comment

Thank you for sharing Smiley, that really made me smile a little, and I needed that. It's good to see, after all the jealousy and high school BS i've seen in the past few weeks, there are still good people.

Comment

That was very sweet of them.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

What a lovely couple
              I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

The couple were nice, but...

"hi, I'm Brother Smiley, I will be your Priesthood Holder today, may I start you out with some bread and water?"

that made me laugh
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X