Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

campus prices vs Japan prices (kinda depressing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• campus prices vs Japan prices (kinda depressing)

Sometimes I buy soda on campus when I'm in a hurry.

$1.50 at the campus store and $1.75 in the machines.

I was thinking about Japan and I suddenly realized something... It' actually CHEAPER to buy soda and drinks from the Japanese vending machines than it is in the US, or at least on campus.

In Japan I'd pay 150 ¥ for a big 24 oz bottle of soda... that's currently $1.509. So yeah, a bigger bottle of soda for less money than I'm paying for the 20oz sodas.

That's kinda sad...

$1.75? Geez...it's $1.25 at my university, for both the machines and the stores.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Gah... that's worse than the rip off machines at the hotel and the airport.

I miss the call center... they actually sold soda in the vending machines basically at cost.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

yeah. I'm going to start buying my soda at the grocery store only I think.

Or maybe just switch to tea brewed at home

Comment

That's why, convenient as it would be to get myself 20-oz. sodas, I just buy 2-liters instead. Less than a dollar each. Can't drink them in the car, but I save quite a bit feeding my semi-addiction.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X