This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A flood in the apartment!

The apartment above ours, had a pipe burst. I was standing in the kitchen making dinner, when I felt my feet get wet. I'm glad we noticed it before it got too bad, but we were still cleaning up water for a few hours. They had to cut a hole in the ceiling so the water could drain.

When the pipe broke, the guy upstairs called the emergency number for maintenance and told them that "his sink was leaking". In reality, water was gushing everywhere! So, maintenance didn't take him seriously until Kevin called them and told them what was really happening.

I swear that guy is on my shit list now. If he had told them water was gushing out of his sink and flooding the place, they would have come out sooner to stop it form going into our apartment!

I'm hoping they let us move into another place. One that isn't on the terrace level("terrace" is a better way of saying "basement") or give us a month of free rent. Either way, I'm going to have to call out of work tommorrow so I can be here incase anything needs to get done.

I don't think the guy upstairs is stupid and I shouldn't be so harsh, I think he's just clueless. Annoyingly clueless. I don't know why, but every morning at 3 AM, he takes a shower and plays music. I'm not sure if the music is actually loud or if it sounds louder because everything else is so quiet. And we never had to complain about noise until he moved in(why does he have to stomp around up there?!). Apartments suck.
    Last edited by iradney; 05-05-2009, 06:54 PM. Reason: Removed fratching material
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post

I don't think the guy upstairs is stupid and I shouldn't be so harsh, I think he's just clueless. Annoyingly clueless. I don't know why, but every morning at 3 AM, he takes a shower and plays music. I'm not sure if the music is actually loud or if it sounds louder because everything else is so quiet. And we never had to complain about noise until he moved in(why does he have to stomp around up there?!). Apartments suck.
    I vote clueless ...

It seems louder at 3 am because it is normally so dead quiet then, and I frequently take showers at 3 am, I wake up and may or may not have a migraine, but the hot shower helps me get back to sleep. The stomping thing, well he may not be stomping exactly but with a lot of apartments, sounds travel so *well* that the tiniest sound makes you think they are playing elephant polo upstairs=(

One of my first apartment building apartments [as opposed to converted houses] I moved into on a friday morning, my new roomie was going away for the weekend with her boyfriend, leaving me alone to get settled in for the whole weekend. RIT [Rochester Institute of Technology] ran movies for students on friday evenings, another showing saturday afternoon and evening, and a sunday afternoon movie.

My friend Eddie and I decided to go to the friday evening show. They showed The Shining ....

I went home to a dark empty apartment, through dark empty streets [start of a snow storm] that were dark because the power had gotten knocked out ...

I *swear* I was hearing someone moving around the flat, going from one end of the long hallway to the other, opening and closing doors ...

See, the flat on the opposite side of the long hallway common wall was a direct mirror image of our flat ... so they were walking in *their* hall, and opening their doors ... but it was dark and silent as we had no power in the building, and anybody who has been in the night time snow storms if it is a gentle fall with no wind, it is scarily silent.

I spent the rest of the weekend at Eddies place ... and bought a good set of battery camping lanterns, and a good battery tape deck.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
    X