This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have returned!

Didja miss me? I was gone from Sunday through today, driving with some friends to Arizona and back.

Highlights:

1. Traveling with my friends. I went with my friend S, who is moving to Nevada soon, and my friend D, who is also my priest. I love both of them dearly, and it was great fun to spend four days with them.

2. Getting to meet Fred. Fred is a very cool guy, a printer, who loves classic children's series books, and is an anarchist. He's one of the most interesting people I've met, in addition to being the most generous. He loaded us down with some very cool books, and gave me some stuff to fix some old leather books of mine so that they can be readable (the leather bindings were in horrible shape when I bought them). He also took us to two local used bookstores. Very very cool guy.

3. BOOKS. The joy of traveling with other readers! Not only did we visit a printer, and stop by three used bookstores in 4 days, but we also kept a great schedule. We were usually in our hotel by 8pm, where we could each read in peace for a few hours. We also got going late in the day, because we also tended to read for a while each morning. I cannot express how GREAT that was!

4. The nudist. There is a really fun used bookstore in Quartzsite, Arizona, called Reader's Oasis. The owner is a nudist, and wears only a tiny tiny thong during business hours. He has hand-drawn cartoons up all over the store, and a fun selection of books. It's a great place! So if you're ever on the I-10 going through Quartzsite, stop at Reader's Oasis and talk to Paul the nudist.

Lowlight: I took over 200 pics, and my evil computer erased them. SIGH.

So, anyway, I was away from my computer for four days. Anyone miss me?
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Nope I wasn't on much so I didn't even notice you were gone.

Comment

Working...
    X