This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Survived!!

As of yesterday, at 3:25 pm, when I turned in my paper on audience participation in The Rocky Horror Picture Show*, I finished my first year as a Ph.D. student. I am...tired. I still have things to do, of course. I'm still grading finals, then I'll get those grades turned in. And I've got to start prepwork for The Spitfire Grill which I'm Assistant Directing/Stage Managing in June. I just went outside, checked the oil and tire pressure in my car, and cleaned out all of the trash. This afternoon, we're going to the car wash! This weekend I'm deep cleaning the entire house. I'm going to bring some level of normalcy and order into my life, even if just for a few weeks!!

A friend is celebrating her birthday tomorrow night; I told her that her parents had impeccable timing! It'll be so nice to just sit around and drink margaritas and be silly without a looming cloud of the next paper, or project, or presentation or whatever that's due. *sigh*

I feel like I did after I turned in my master's thesis last year...I'll celebrate when I catch up on my sleep!

* Thanks to everyone who provided info, links, and other schtuff. I'm hoping this can turn into a conference paper someday, it's really interesting.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Way to go, AdminAssistant!

As of Tuesday, at 3:47 p.m., I finished my last final. Not exactly PhD work, but it's PB degree, so it sucked muchly.

I have no margaritas though, so drink one for me!!

Comment

Woo! Go Admin!

As of 9:05 on Monday morning, I'll be taking classes again, and will have officially gotten back on track since the year that ended up being taken off because of enlisting and getting kicked out, so that's something.

Still, PhD work kinda kicks all kinds of arse. Way to go AA!
      "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Hooray for AdminAssistant!

Comment

YAY! Congrats!!
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Everyone has told me that the first year is the hardest. And I have practically all summer to catch up on reading, re-read, and plan for next year. And my two main professors are in town for most of the summer, so I can meet with them if I need to. I can also sit in my undies and play video games if I need to. Woo-hoo!!

Comment

I just submitted my grades - so now I'm officially done!

Wow...I have free time now. What to do, what to do...

Comment

Working...
              X