X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims 3

Anyone else preorder this?

I thought about it, but I havent played the other Sims games for quite a while. When does it come out again?

Comment

Today!

space

Comment

I was going to but we're leaving on vacation in a couple weeks and need the extra money for that. So as soon as I get back I'll be buying it.

Comment

Thinking about it, but I'm already addicted to SPORE, and I don't need to add to that.

Comment

I wish I could, but all our money is tied up in wedding expenses right now.

However, I will have Sims 3 when it comes out. Been waiting a year for this game. I don't know how much more I can take.
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I did not pre-order it, however, I did buy it when I saw it in the store today...
              "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I wants....just need payday to get here.
                "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

I heard it's full of bugs. True/false?
                  If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

Quoth Iced Coffee Man View Post
                    I heard it's full of bugs. True/false?
                    True.
                    Seriously if you really want this game, wait for it to get a patch or two. I got it and it really is not that great anyways. The open neighborhood is nice and all, but other than that the game does is not really much different than TS2. In fact I think in some ways it has actually taken a step back to TS1. Most of the textures are ugly and look like MS paint flood fills. The Sims look like bobble heads. About the only truly pretty thing in the game are the new buildings in the neighborhood. Your Sim works at these places and can also visit them and shop, but you don't actually gt to follow your Sim, you just get an Icon that hovers over the place. There is a lot more interactivity, but it really all boils down to tons more micro managing. Unfortunately the game days are too short to do much more that send my Sim to work and back home to eat and sleep.

Comment

It really isn't that bad. You just have to micromanage a bit more of your sims time. I like the fact that they've put in a capacity for your character to work harder or take it easier in various activities, but that may have been in TS2, as I never played it.

Also, just as a fun fact, the first female my bachelor character ran into was a white girl with long black hair whose first name was exactly the same as my ex-fiance, who was failing to work out properly (hilariously tripping on the treadmill). My actual ex-fiance was a pale girl with long black hair who had the muscle strength and coordination of a toad... on narcotics. Oh dear.
                      "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I got this Yesterday (thanks to a mate who scored me a copy from EA, who he's worked with in the past)

Seriously if you really want this game, wait for it to get a patch or two. I got it and it really is not that great anyways. The open neighborhood is nice and all, but other than that the game does is not really much different than TS2. In fact I think in some ways it has actually taken a step back to TS1. Most of the textures are ugly and look like MS paint flood fills. The Sims look like bobble heads. About the only truly pretty thing in the game are the new buildings in the neighborhood. Your Sim works at these places and can also visit them and shop, but you don't actually gt to follow your Sim, you just get an Icon that hovers over the place. There is a lot more interactivity, but it really all boils down to tons more micro managing. Unfortunately the game days are too short to do much more that send my Sim to work and back home to eat and sleep.
                        What graphics setting do you have it on? It looks pretty nice on all high, albiet not much more than TS2.

Micromanaging in it isn't too bad, you just need to get into a routine, so you don't get caught short.

You just really need to make sure your sim goes to sleep early enough so that he gets a full sleep yet still wakes up 4 or 5 hours before they have to go to work, take care of Hygiene, Bladder and food needs (don't bother too much with social as that fills up while at work) then once they finish, take care of food needs (and if bladder/hygiene is a bit low that too)

They'll have a bit of energy left, which will last you a fair while to do stuff you need like cooking, cleaning, skills etc etc

I managed to get to the top level of a career path quite quickly (3 ingame weeks) just by playing like that.
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I use to love all of the Sim's games from the first generation to Sims 2.

However until my finances start to look better no new games for this girl.

Comment

I would have pre-ordered it if I knew that they were definitely coming out with a Mac version (Mac only household here), but I didn't find out about the Mac version till last week.

BUT I'm SO getting it soon! I was obsessed with Sims 1 & 2 but haven't played in about 2 years (Mac laptop with not enough room to hold my graphic programs and Sims).

Eeee!!! Can't wait!!

Comment

Of course the base Sims3 can't compare to Sims2 with even some of the expansions, though it does feature some of the things from the expansion, albeit small details.

Exploring the Catacombs can be downright funny, collecting gems and rocks is somewhat addictive, Ghosts are fully interactive (you can even get Ghost sims pregnant)
                              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                              X