This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dice (and D&D) brags! (image heavy)

I moved to south Florida six years ago. Before that, I lived in NJ for 3 years. Before I moved to NJ I "secured" my dice collection - they were in a plastic container and taped so they wouldn't spill out.

Sarlon just asked me for a roll on a D20 since he didn't have his with him. It's been 9 years since the dice have been out and well, lets just say it didn't stop there.

BTW - I would appreciate this as a gift if y'all wanted to pitch in.
    http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDe...2_A_GenreID_E_

First, I start off with the first collection I ever had, from "the red box" (beginner set). The box is long gone (but I am starting to build up my old collection, as you will see) but I still have most of the dice:

A few years alter I got another boxed set that had some dice. Again, the box is gone but I still have the book and the dice:

Of course, my collection doesn't stop there - what fun would that be?

Ever see round D6s?

I'm sure every DM has a D100 (with the little balls inside them):

But who would have three??

I'm all set for that 2-200 roll!

Most DMs have a D30,

Or two;

But four? I guess I'm also ready for that 4-120 roll?

of course it's not stopping here. Who remembers when a crayon came with your D&D set?

It was all included in this box:

We also have the cardmaster dice for those quick adventures on the fly:

Plus, who can forget some of these books? 1E hard cover books, before they were re-bound (note: the Fiend Folio was the ONLY 1E book that wasn't rebound with the orange side):

Some nice soft-cover books, very old (with our trusty Siamese cat, Dharma, guarding over them):

2E came out and they had the Monstrous Manual, which was very hard to get when it was released.

But my copy is special. If you have one, open it up and look inside the front covers. You see those things, they're call ads. Look at mine:
    Front cover:

Back cover:

They released very few of these books without ads on the inside (unless they reprinted them without them). They also might be on the other side of the blank page. I'm proud of this book.

And last but not least, the miniature books:

Released for the 25th anniversary of D&D back in the early 1990s - they're hard to get (I am building up my collection now - they also include many boxed sets).

I have many other books - the 2E softcover guides, the complete Spelljammer boxed set, many other settings (Menzoberranzen (sp?), etc.. but it would kill even T1s with all of these pictures.

Anyone else want to brag?
    (note_ this forum only allows 20 images - I had to cut some out)
    Last edited by draggar; 06-04-2009, 10:54 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

OMG!

You and my husband could have been separated at birth. Looks like my husband's D&D collection.

But my husband also has other gaming books like Hunter, Vampire, Werewolf, the King Arthur RPG, Street Fighter, and whole bunch of others.

I have a tackle box for my dice. Now I just need to find a bumper sticker that reads: "The voices in my tackle box talk to me".

Comment

Admittedly, I know nothing of D&D.

But your pics are awesome! This kinda makes me want to play. lol

Comment

Wow, those are really impressive. I love your D30s. I want a round d6! (even though I rarely if ever use them)

Comment

I had given my GM a six sided in a six sided die...it was the new death die...it killed me.

Oh and if your talking about OUR (an in CS's) Sarlon, he is really a she.

Comment

Since I'm at work, and can't take pictures, It'll have to wait, but I gotta ask Draggar, does your Deities and Demigods book have the missing chapters?

Mine does.

I'll have to check my Monstrous Manual. Don't remember if it had ads in it or not.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

No one will teach me how to play this game. My frustrations are limitless. No one will let me in their party, or teach me. And i want to learn.

If I had a bar graph of my dork factors, my table top gaming column would be at like 0%. Unless we go by the weird con rule my friend made up where Apples to Apples counts. Then I guess I have 2% or something.

I'm really impressed by your collection. I fear it.
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                Since I'm at work, and can't take pictures, It'll have to wait, but I gotta ask Draggar, does your Deities and Demigods book have the missing chapters?
                No, and I really want one. The store linked in the OP has one for $90.

BTW - I have a lot more books where these are kept.

Plus, I have the Dragon Magazine CD-ROM set, the FR Atlas, and the Core Rules 1.0 CD-ROM (the expansion CD-ROM broke!!).

Quoth Aethian View Post
                Oh and if your talking about OUR (an in CS's) Sarlon, he is really a she.

Then SHE made me do this, that vile temptress of a succubus!! (j/k)

Here are some pics I took a few years ago of the collection:

Last edited by draggar; 06-05-2009, 12:35 AM.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  No, and I really want one. The store linked in the OP has one for $90.
                  Mine does.

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Plus, I have the Dragon Magazine CD-ROM set, the FR Atlas, and the Core Rules 1.0 CD-ROM (the expansion CD-ROM broke!!).
                  I still use Core Rules, have both disks. I use it to both play, and DM.

Eric the Grey
                  In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    BTW - I would appreciate this as a gift if y'all wanted to pitch in. http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDe...2_A_GenreID_E_
                    I HAVE most of those books >.> they are the ones I keep bragging about...
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Draggar: The dragon turns, and sees you. The dragon breaths (hehehe) for 4d30!!! What the...?? A 4!?!??!?!

Me: Umm.. my character saves. Does that mean I only take 2 damage???

Yeah, I used to have the original dice too...

But no round ones. They tried, but too many arguments over what the number was really supposed to be!

Impressive geekiness!
                      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Nice collection, draggar!

You know what has really bugged me from 3rd Edition onward? WotC giving the Ninja Class the shaft!

The Ninja Class had its own dedicated rule book back in 2nd Edition, but from 3rd Edition onward, the Ninja Class is virtually nowhere to be seen, and I find the Shadow Dancer and Assassin Prestige Classes to be poor substitutes for a true Ninja Class.

--Jack (Who just wants to play a Ninja in D&D... is that really so wrong? )
                        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                        --StanFlouride

Comment

Impressive! I've owned most of the hardbacks at one point or another. At the moment, my D&D collection is fairly small, but more than made up for by Call of Cthulhu, D6 Star Wars, Heavy Gear, Robotech, Jovian Chronicles, BattleTech, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Rifts, Palladium Fantasy, Ninja Burger RPG, and other games.

I've had to cull back my books several times, so my collection isn't what it could have been. In the Crown Royal bag on the kitchen counter I have a tennis ball sized d20. The first time I rolled it, it left a dent in the table!
                          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

so for a non gamer, can I ask

why so many different dice? and why so many numbers....
                            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I never got in to D&D but I have to say,

GORGEOUS meezer!!!!
                              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                              X