Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little ouch, and some plant geekishness.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little ouch, and some plant geekishness.

So. For the past two days (as of last night) I have had a headache. A migraine that morphed into a headache.

Woke up at 10:30pm last night without any headache to speak of, only to whack myself in the back of the head on the wall on the side of my bed.

I don't even know how this happened. But it hurts. Owie.

However, my spearmint and chamomile are sprouting. I was able to separate my thyme, rosemary, and sage from each other (they'd been together in a pot, and the sage was dying) and everybody seems okay. My younger aloes are a pretty green since I put them in a sunny spot in the house. My older aloe is just happy as a clam outside. I am all kinds of squeeful about this.

I'd just be a lot more if my head would stop hurting. My special power is being a klutz. ow.
    Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 06-06-2009, 12:20 AM. Reason: I know grammar. Really I do! Also I can count! >_<
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

That's my special power, too! I'm wincing as I think of your head hitting that wall. I've hurt myself in my sleep, too.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Id love to have plants,....if my thumb wasnt black (not literally of course). Everything I touch dies! Its a miracle my kids are still up and kicking. lol.

Comment

thyme, rosemary, and sage
        what, no parsley?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have some parsley here, if you need it. Though it's still in the "two little leaves that could be anything" seedling stage.

Huzzah for plants!
          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

I am a black thumb myself =)

However I got the solution, I just got myself a few aerogardens ... i spooge in water and nutrients and it babysits them for me and blinks plaintively when it needs water and nutrients...

Planning on basil, chives, thyme, mint, oregano, parsley, shiso, and tomatoes in the big one[it is rigged with a trellis thingy for the vines]

I had gotten the little lady bug one for my mom and she loves it, it puts out just enough lettuce that she can put a few leaves on her lunch sandwich every day =)
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I've got italian parsley too. It keeps trying to die and live. At the same time. O_o I think it's okay now.

I also have: (these are all edible herbs)
              cilantro
              tarragon
              wheatgrass
              marjoram
              oregano
              epazote (an herb I'm told is used in Mexican cooking)
              lemon balm
              peppermint
              lemongrass
              orange mint
              chocolate mint
              fennel
              chives
              lemon verbena
              english lavender (I'm still surprised. I don't think it's just the blooms...I think it's the whole plant)
              lemon thyme (I like the pale edging around the leaves)
              Vietnamese coriander
              basil
              spearmint

...and I'm thinking of getting strawberries. I also have a salvia plant, which makes pretty black and blue flowers. It's not poisonous to cats, which is awesome.

YAY PLANTS!
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----

Comment

RP, I am SO jealous of all the herbs!! I only have dill, chives, basil and parsley. I would adore growing my own chamomile, but haven't found any seeds!

Everything else is fruits and veggies, and, as I mentioned in another thread, most are wilting and I don't know why!! Just got done watering and feeding the whole lot. Now if I could just find the bug repellent spray I use, I could get that taken care of, too. Not sure where in the hell I put it, but knowing me, I'll find it in the oddest of places... Ten'll get you twenty it's probably in my pantry. Most things end up there somehow. My phone. My digital voice recorder. My keys. My bra. (Best to just not ask...)

Comment

This thread reminds me, I should check on the tomato plant in the bucket on my balcony tomorrow. I gotta punch some holes in the bucket and make sure it doesn't get drownded (lotta rain the last few days). It's under the overhang but still...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                    RP, I am SO jealous of all the herbs!! I only have dill, chives, basil and parsley. I would adore growing my own chamomile, but haven't found any seeds!
                    The company I bought the chamomile seeds from is called Botanical Interests and their website is www.botanicalinterests.com .

I found mine in a store, but maybe you'll find them there?
                    -----

Comment

Something tells me that'd be a very dangerous link for me to clickey. Mayhaps when (or if) I ever have a little cash to spare. for now, bookmarked!!

Comment

So I just went to water my inside aloes (because they need water too) and found that there were two new tiny baby aloes growing! One for each window box! Squeee! I'd have pictures, but it's 9pm and my cell phone camera has no flash, so I'll have to wait for morning.

But 2! new! aloes! ! !
                        -----

Comment

Awesome! Plant babies always make me exited too!
                          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X