This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog has died.

A couple of hours ago he was put to sleep. His body was shutting down. A couple of days ago we took him to the vet for a surgery but he got scared to the point that he nearly died. So, my family and I took care of him and had a vet drop by. Vet said that his system was shutting down and we decided to put him down.

I had him for nine years. I got him when I was only 12 years old and he was like my best friend. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I get home from school or work. He was my best friend and treated me in kind.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

*snugs hard* It's never easy to loose a furrbaby.

Comment

I am so very sorry.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Aw hun... That's such a hard place to be in. Just know that now, he's staring at you, being goofy and pretending he's a tiger, from up above, and he still loves you.

Comment

Even though its very hard to do, you did the right thing. He won't be in pain and discomfort anymore.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

*hugs muchly* That always hurts too too much.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Been there recently myself. I'm so sorry.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh, hon, I'm sad for you.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm so sorry you had to lose your friend. I had my bestest kitty put down for the same reasons. He was 21. I wandered around the house feeling really lost, felt funny going to bed without him snuggled up next to me. After about two years I started thinking about getting another kitty, not to take his place (there's no one like my Tigger) but because I like their company. You may feel the same sometime. I hope so. It sounds like a good dog should be part of your life. It's just too bad that they don't live as long as we do.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                        Vet said that his system was shutting down and we decided to put him down.
                        I'm so sorry to hear that. It's sad to loose a friend like that.

Eric the Grey
                        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss...makes me almost cry myself. My parents and I recently had to put our 13-year-old dog down too, so I know how you feel...

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

This is a poem we used to send out to our customers when their pets passed away (I used to work in a call center for a pet supply catalog.) It always made me cry, even though I never knew the person I was sending it to. Anyway, take care, we'll be thinking about you.

Comment

It's not ever easy losing a furbaby, but it must be done. (Had to tell myself that when I put Bitty down to sleep.)

It does get easier, with time. You can still talk to him - I still say Hi to Bit once in a while.

Hugs

Cutenoob
                            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

*hugs*

(hugs filler)
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                              X