This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Movie?

Inspired by the "When I Was Your Age..." thread - What's the first movie you can remember seeing in the theatre?

Trying to go back...I definitely remember going to see The Land Before Time and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....I'm sure there were some before that, but my memory fails be.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

My first movie that I recall watching in theatres was "The Fox And The Hound" (Disney cartoon), I think. Either that or "E.T.".
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I remember going to the drive-in and seeing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that was my first theatre experience.

Comment

I remember seeing An American Tail and The Land Before Time in the theater. I'm not sure which one I saw first

Comment

Oliver and Company. It's still one of my favorites!
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Star Wars. Nice way to get introduced into the movies.

It's odd, though, I must have been 3 or 4 when we saw it in the theatre but I still remember many parts of it.

"Stay on target" and seeing all the "funny looking people" in the movie.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

The first movie I ever saw in a theater was Disney's 'The Aristocats'. I was about 5 or 6 at the time.

Comment

'Bambi'- don't know if Disney was doing some special edition rerelease of the movie in theaters, but that was the first I can recall. Mom took me out about halfway through because I was being a brat.
                Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Raiders of the Lost Ark
                  I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

a disney flick called "The Biscuit Eater" about an old hound dog Johnnie Whitaker was in it
                    The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

"The Little Mermaid", I remember going with the neighbors, whose kids were around my age. I don't think my parents ever took us to movies in the theater, so I remember it quite well, my first visit to the theater.

Now, when my brother got a job after graduating from college, HE took me to the movies almost every weekend. We saw at least 50 movies a year (pretty much at least one movie a week, sometimes more) in the theater for about 3 years straight. It was great and I miss going with him. He got a girlfriend and (understandably) started doing more stuff with her, and then he lost his really nice job and couldn't afford to go as often anyway.

Comment

"Song Of The South" re-release circa 1956

"Zip-a-dee Doo-Dah"
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It had to be Annie. I remember being really excited as I had never gone out to a movie theater before.
                          My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

I had to check because I remembered that, and Jaws (the first one), but Jaws was released a couple years later (thanks to IMDB).

Eric the Grey
                            [and all you kids get off my lawn!]
                            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

E.T. for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X