Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridiculous crap we make foreigners believe...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous crap we make foreigners believe...

Like, when I was a kid, I would go to school in the pouch of my pet kangaroo. Boy, did I cry heaps when I was told I was too old to go in the pouch... but my brother strapped a saddle on the back, and I could ride to school that way.

I used to have a pet dropbear too - which I got when we found it in the wild. My parents and neighbours didn't want me to have it, cos they're really violent and aggressive, but I ignored them anyway. I raised it well, but one day, it went off at someone, and attacked them, so it had to be put down

If you're a good swimmer, you can swim from Sydney to New Zealand in about half an hour.

You can relax on the Gold Coast in the morning, and then drive to see Ayers Rock in the afternoon.

"Strewth" is the most insulting thing you can say... do not say it in front of the olds!

Everyone calls everyone else 'Cobber'... it means dickhead...

Darwin is a 4 hour drive from Melbourne. Darwin has crocodiles walking down the street... (well, actually, that's partly true )

Your turn!
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

We all live in mudhuts (Africa)

Yes, we have internet, but it's intermittent coz the lions keep chewing on the cables

We go to school on the back of an elephant

Everyone knows and has met Mandela

I can't remember the rest, it was so many years ago....
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Igloos, dogsleds and lumberjacks. ( Canada )

Though I don't think we're making foreigners believe that. More that they do than are surprised when they get off the plane in July with a parka on.

Comment

Everyone knows Dorothy (even though she would have been well over 100).

Tornadoes only occur in our state.

There are no hills.

We're all farmers.

We're all Republicans (partially true).
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Arizona: That we live out in the middle of nowhere, tumbleweeds blow by our house, it is fifty miles to the nearest store, and we have to fight coyotes and rattlesnakes daily.

Now, I don't have any doubt that there ARE parts of Arizona where the above is true, out in the boonies. But I am from Tempe, a suburb of Phoenix, which is the 5th largest city in the U.S.

Key West: That we have to watch out for alligators (they are in the Everglades, not the Keys), that we have to watch out for sharks (semi-true--the dangerous ones really don't come in to the shallow water near the Keys), that everyone in Key West is a raging homosexual, that we never stop drinking here (well, that one is probably closest to the truth), that American laws don't apply down here.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Las Vegas consists only of the Strip. Everyone in town is either a dealer, a bartender, a cocktail waitress, or a stripper. We all live in the hotels and eat every meal in a buffet.

And no one you ever see enjoying themselves is a local.
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
              There are no hills.
              One freakin' hill in the whole damn state, and I get to walk up and down it every single day. Darn you Kansas!! (I keed, I keed, hope to get out to the Flint Hills one day).

Allow me to add to that:

- I know Superman

- There's nothing but corn and wheat

- We're only good at basketball (hey, the football team's pretty good, too!)

And may I add that the next person who sings to me either, "Evrything's up-to-date in Kansas City" or "I love my maw, I love my paw, and I love dear ol' Arkansaw" is going to get punched straight in the mouth. And speaking of Arkansas, let's move to the South, shall we?

- Nobody has all their teeth

- We all sit around on Sunday, drinking beer in our trailers and watching NASCAR races

- We don't wear shoes until our 16th birthday

- We're all constantly drunk, uneducated, inbred hillbillies

- We only eat fried foods and drink sweet tea and beer (sadly that is somewhat true)

- Everyone is a card-carrying member of either the KKK or the NRA
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                - We're all constantly drunk, uneducated, inbred hillbillies
                Wait, we're not?

Comment

- Tornadoes could never hit Chicago. (too many locals believe this)
                  - (college town) The local kids and teens all hang out in corn fields.
                  - Anyone not living in Chicagoland is a farmer.
                  "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

I think the main British Columbia specific one is that we all smoke pot. -.-

Comment

Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

-Everyone drinks like fish. (kind of true)
                      -Everyone is on the Pogie (That means Unemployment)
                      -We are all Fisherman

hehe Talking to Americans! IT MAKES ME HAPPY!

"Hang on! Canada has Provinces!"
                      Last edited by hinakiba777; 06-15-2009, 05:36 PM.
                      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                        hehe Talking to Americans! IT MAKES ME HAPPY!

"Hang on! Canada has Provinces!"
                        ...and now my soul dies just a little bit more.

Comment

Hahaha, I <3 Rick Mercer. ^^

Comment

* Everyone in England is either a posh toff, or speaks like Dick Van Dyke in "Mary Poppins".

* We are all evil, which is why we're always cast as the villain in Disney movies.

* We all know every single inch of England off by heart and will be happy to direct American tourists should the need arise.

* The whole of Great Britain is, in fact, one country.

* During World War Two, we did bugger all to fight the Nazis but just sat around drinking tea til the Americans came and saved our arses.

* We've all met the Queen and personally know her.

* We say "Blimey!" a lot.

* We drink nothing but tea, and always have it at four o'clock with cucumber sandwiches.

* We are all polite.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Teeth, you forgot bad teeth, ehe

Though, the one English friend I do have is a raging tea fiend.... -.-

Comment

Working...
                              X