This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherein i attempt not to cry and Fail

As all of you who have read my last thread (link) i was in a car accident that totaled my car and hurt my foot.

i did a lot of work with my insurance and had moved to the other guys insurance to have them cover medical, towing, my deductible from my insurance, lost work, new glasses and tax on my rental. and i was just old they cant even decide if they are responsible, told that since i went through my insurance they wont pay my deductible, was told that the moment i found out my car was totaled (the day of the accident) i should have bought a new car so that i wouldn't be having these problems (hi, i have no money you wont pay what you should and i couldn't buy a car until at least my insurance had declared it necessary), and that they would only cover me when i was out of care of a physician and got an "oh looks like i cant delay that" voice when i said i just had one visit and no further medical things was needed.

i immediately called my cousin (who is a lawyer) to ask for some advice planning on leaving a message. I then burst into tears and my mom had talk to him for me

now im ticked off, im crying, and i have to call my insurance company and see what they can do for me and what they recommend i do, and possibly call a lawyer.
    and i cant talk to my insurance agency right now because im ticked off up set and really bad at handling my own stuff and i know i will cry and not beable to talk calmly.

<Hugs and cookies> I'm so sorry, hon! That doesn't sound right, though, and I strongly encourage you to take the actions you said, because suddenly refusing to pay because suddenly everything's done and maybe they're not responsible? sounds like they're trying to wiggle out of responsibility. And telling you you should have bought a new car? What asses.

good luck! Sorry I can't offer more than words...

Comment

I think since the other guy is at fault, your insurance can pay you and then get reimbursed from the other guy. Not certain, though, but they'd be better equiped to make Sleazy Co weep cash.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

well sleazy co is liberty mutiual

Comment

When I was in my accidents (been in 3, none my fault), I went through my insurance. They paid what needed to be paid, and then they did all the legwork with the other insurance company(-ies). I had to talk to them only to give them my side of the story, and otherwise I didn't have to deal with them at all.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to get your cousin to contact them, if possible. Just the fact of lawyerly communication might be enough to spur them into doing what they should be doing.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

wow now im suddenly feeled with dread about my job because i was scheduled one day this week (after multiple conversations about how i need at least 3 days and its redculas that people less experienced, less reliable and less trained are give up to three times as many hours when i am the third most expierenced worker) and when i called to verify my start time to find out that they've been waiting all week for me to visit a doctor and get them a note saying yes all the times ive worked int he last 2 weeks it was ok. and that monday when i called and tyalked to PADQ she apparently told me i needed that note. which she NEVER did.
            and tomorrow is sunday and im brock.

at least my insurence is taking to liberty suck.

Comment

Working...
            X