Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I'm a space cadet, but this is a new one, even for me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I'm a space cadet, but this is a new one, even for me!

My kitchen is flooded again.

But this I can't blame on maintenance, oh no! I was filling the sink with hot water to soak some dishes.

And managed to forget I had hot water running until I hear the telltale sign of water hitting the floor. I had the dishwasher running, so I panic and think crap, it's clogged and backwashing again and run out into the kitchen

Where i proceed to slip and fall on my ass in lavender scented water.

FUN.

At least it smells better than last time, and less of a mess to clean up.

It's official. I'm super tired, and it is now bedtime. Just thought I'd share so someone could laugh with me.

Please laugh with me, and not at me out of pity because that I pulled a stupid.

Please??

::hugs you and offers gummi bears:: No laughter. I do spacey stuff all the time.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Last week I made egg salad, was so proud I actually cooked the eggs perfectly, had it all ready to go for lunch the next day, and left the bag on the table, where it sat all day long. Bye-bye, perfect egg salad.

So the next day I made some more eggs. Put them on the stove, went in my room to do a couple things while the water heated up, got distracted by someone on instant messenger (if you're reading this, you know who you are!)...I have no idea how long the water was boiling before I ran out there to turn the heat off. (They came out OK, though. But I did run out of mayo because I had used most of what I had left for the doomed batch of the day before.)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Don't feel bad.

I made a facial mask out of kitty litter and water, and tried to wash all the excess down the drain......

And....you can guess what happened.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Aww poor Lupo *hugs*

I am trying to think of my last spacey action, but I do not recall. I think I just blot them from my wee brain.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

bwuhahahahahahahaha...er I mean that sucks. *snicker*

Comment

D'oh!

At least you didn't do what I did while working on the car...

For one reason or another, the phone kept ringing. Wasn't really a big deal, since I'd brought the handset into the garage. Still, it was a pain in the ass to keep having to stop what I was doing. When it was finally quiet enough I could return to the task at hand, all was good.

Until the damn phone rang again Forgetting that I was lying under the car, I got up...and promptly saw stars! I'd clocked myself on one of the bumper irons leaving myself with a nice big gash behind my ear, and could have easily *removed* said ear as well
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Over the holidays, I was cooking some of my family-famous spaghetti sauce. At the time, we had dried peppers. I love to put dried peppers in my sauce, however because they're dehydrated, you have to let the sauce simmer for quite awhile so that the peppers rehydrate. As I stirred the sauce, some of it splattered on my hand. My gut reaction was to jerk my hand away--still holding the spoon. So not only did I burn my hand, but scalding spaghetti sauce plopped on my foot as well. It had been simmering for over an hour at that point, so perhaps you can imagine the pain.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Last night, I went into the theatre, and they had the risers for the audience set up on the stage. It was dark, so I thought I could walk around behind the risers to get to the light panel. Then I took a step and nothing was under me. Yeah, that was a nice 5 foot drop. Rug burn on one knee, scraped up one elbow pretty good, a few bruises, bit my lip, and I am sooooorrrrreee.

Mommy says I'm special!
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

One of my favorite columnists relates a story of his famous Thanksgiving Turkey Soup.

He lovingly removed the remaining meat from the carcass and set it aside. Gentle diced carrots, celery and onions and simmered the bones with the vegetables and a bouquet garnie for many hours to extract every last drop of goodness.

Took the lid from the pot and removed the bouquet garnie. Readied his china cap to strain the liquid gold...

and promptly poured the contents of this stock from the heavens directly down the drain

As much as it makes me cry, I couldn't help but spit my coffee over his column that morning.
                    No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

I'm really good at taking food out of a throwaway package and throwing away the food instead.

BE, I've done the egg thing, not hearing the timer, or, even better, hearing the timer but getting sidetracked on my way to the kitchen.

I've had my glasses or keys in my hand, while frantically looking for them because they're not in their designated place.

Ah, well, proves we're human.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

::giggles:: Oh man, that's awesome. I always laugh at you, i just make sure you're ok first. But then...you know I've done some awfully stupid things over the years. Thomas...thomas...did I mention Thomas?

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                          I also have a knack for putting something away and thinking to myself that it's not a good place to put it because I'll never find the item again... and then forgetting where I put it EXCEPT to know for a fact that I put it somewhere I KNEW was stupid. I mean, how do you troubleshoot situations like that? Hit yourself on the head and then try to think logically??
                          You think that's bad?

I have a tendency to put things in a place where I'm POSITIVE I'll find it again.

Yeah.

Not to be seen again until I rearrange everything I own.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Same here, Becks.

I'm still looking for all the stuff I misplaced last week.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Becks and Bella I am the same way as well. People keep telling me to get more organized but I tell them if I do that I will NEVER find anything important that I need.

Lupo don't worry I did that same thing when I lived in Germany I put a couple of pairs of hand washables in the bathroom sink to soak and forgot to turn off the sink. I ended up with over an inch of water on the floor, (living area upstairs, bedrooms and bathrooms downstairs)thank God I had a Hoover Floor mate, because even as much as I had to vacuum up (I had to empty the thing several times.) it was much better than trying to mop it all up.

Comment

Working...
                              X