This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only a six-year-old....

So my roommate just got home. She teaches first grade. She has lots of stories, but this one cracked me up more than the rest.

As in any class, she's got a couple of ...difficult...children. Often by a couple months into the school year, I can start to guess who it is she's talking about when she starts telling me a story. This story, as do so many others this year, stars a little boy we shall call S.

Friday is the last day of school. Tomorrow they will be cleaning the classroom...cleaning out their desks, and washing out the grime, etc.

So S decided that today he would color the entire inside of his desk with a white crayon. Why?

So he would "have something to clean tomorrow."

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

aww, that is too cute.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Aww children are adorable. It makes me so excited for when I get to teach. Which is still quite far away.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

That is hilarious. Especially because on Cleaning Day, S is going to discover just how difficult it is to get crayon off. And I get the feeling that next time he gets an idea of coloring with a crayon on furniture, he either won't do it, or he will do it on another kid's stuff.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I can so see one of my kids thinking to do this- although we don't have desks, just tables. We're just not going to warn our kids that we're cleaning beforehand..as an added bonus, it saves on whining and complaining!
          Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            That is hilarious. Especially because on Cleaning Day, S is going to discover just how difficult it is to get crayon off. .
            That's what my roommate said!

I didn't get a chance to ask her how it went yet...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

lol that's kinda cute. Ah the logic of a 6 year old. How I miss those days sometimes....

Comment

As a child, I learned that the easiest way to get crayon off a hard surface is to use an eraser--either the good old Pink Pearl, or the white Magic Rub.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                  either the good old Pink Pearl, or the white Magic Rub.
                  those sound like names of dildoes.

Comment

Working...
                  X