This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've got new kitties!

Today we've adopted two new cats from the local Animal Shelter. Millicent (or Millie) is about two years old, very maternal and sweet, and a beautiful tortoiseshell tabby. Chessie (formerly Chase) is ten weeks old, very active, purrs like a motorcycle and is solid grey. The shelter named them, but we didn't think Chase fit the little one, so we renamed her Chessie after the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway's mascot. (We've got many train fans in the family!)

They are not related, but Millie seems to have adopted Chessie as sort of a daughter. She's also taken well to our son. I think we'll all be very happy together.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by XCashier; 06-16-2009, 11:49 PM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Aw, the gray one is adorable!! I wonder if she'll stay solid gray..my Stars was solid gray as a baby and her stripes came out as she got a bit older.

edit: that's Stars in my avatar stalking Pablo
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-16-2009, 11:56 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Awww... Chessie is such a cutie!

And Millie is absolutely beautiful! I don't remember ever seeing a long-hair tortoiseshell before!

Thanks for sharing the pics with us!
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I wonder if she'll stay solid gray..my Stars was solid gray as a baby and her stripes came out as she got a bit older.
        Chessie might go tabby; I can see faint stripes on her legs and the "M" between her eyebrows.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I want kitties. *sighs at the 4 to 5 years until I'll be allowed to have a pet*

Chessie is ADORABLE. And Millie is very lovely
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

My Lola looked a lot like Chessie when she was that little, black whiskers and everything (her pads are black too). To this day purrs like a motorcycle. We did think she was going to have some dark stripes, but they disappeared. It could go either way for you.

I wish I had pics of her as a kitten, she was SO tiny! She could fit into my hands when we got her (and I have the hands the size of like a 10 year old, seriously). The first day we brought her home, we asked my sister and my dad to look for her in the room. She was so small, they couldn't find her...even though she was on top of a brown chair and stood out like a sore thumb once you saw her! She's still small compared to most cats though, she only weighs like 9 lbs and has short legs and a short tail (she's not a muchkin, she's just small the way some people are compared to the average).

Comment

Torties and calicos tend to be very maternal. You've gotten them at the proper age to have a kitten for life who adores his mommy.

We got our 2 little male kittens at around 10 weeks, and we had 2 females 3, 4 years old. The calico decided to mother both younguns. Now they're 2 years old, and she still treats one of them like a tiny kitten.
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

They're beautiful and not to mention CUTE!!!!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

SQUEE!! KITTIES!

Long hair cats are so BEAUTIFUL!

And the little fuzzball is just too cute.
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Omg no more posts about cats or kittens. Now I want to get another one and I have three heh.

Those little babys look soooooo cute. Thanks for posting pics.
                    Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Working...
                    X