Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Knitters! (and hookers too lol)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned knitting and crocheting from my grandma.

These days I'm more into crocheting. I do mostly filet crochet (with fine yarn and small needles) making doillies and curtains.

Right now I'm working on a set of living room curtains. One is done 3 more to go.

Last time I knitted was 2 winters ago, daughter wanted a nice big and long scarf for snow boarding.

I used to knit lots of gloves/mittens when she was younger. You know, how kids always seem to loose 1 mitten/glove from a pair and then you have to go out and buy another pair?
    At the beginning of winter, I would just purchase a bunch of yarn and make a pair. When she lost the right one, I would just make her another right one from the same yarn. Usually ended up making 4 or 5 pairs total, one at a time.

Comment

I can crochet but not so well.. I haven't done it in years. My mom taught me, she was and still kinda is way into crocheting.When she was a SAHM she used to crochet to pass time, and could watch tv and crochet at the same time, not even looking down but to occasionally count stitches. One year when we were low on money everyone (well, every family group) in my family got a crocheted throw matching their living room colors for christmas. Everyone who had a baby in my town got a baby blanket in their choice of colors, stuff like that. she even came into my advanced learning class in the third grade, and taught us all to crochet, during the "home skills" month, where we learned to write checks and balance our check book, brief cooking, stuff like that.
      "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

I've been knitting off and on for about 3 years. I've mainly made scarves and belts. I have been putting off learning more advanced knitting cause I would be so disappointed if I couldn't figure it out.

Comment

There is a knitting website with video that has helped me learn techniques that I can't understand from reading. I'm more of a visual learner. It's called Knittinghelp.com. It teaches both continental and english methods.
          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

i called my sister a hooker today, she was amused she is wroking on a so far 5 ft long crochted 'fish'(it started as a wide sweater but she hadn't masterted the turn yet when she started, and about 4 feet into is when she was thinking of making it a messanger bag started listening to harry potter audio books while working around 3 feet, some how she gave it a fish tail.... its awesome i love i must steal it from her.

Comment

I've made a few things, some of which are still in progress (like the crocheted doll house and a sweater jacket. Here's a picture of something I made a few years ago.
              Attached Files
              My Fanfic Page
              My Fiction Page
              My Social Group
              My Pet Social Group
              My You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
              X