This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA CSers transportation help please

Okay all you Massachusetts CSers, I need some help. I'm going to be attending a wedding in Bedford in late September, and I'll be staying at the Best Western in Concord. I'm certain I'll be picked up at Logan when I get there, but there might be an issue getting back to the airport. My question is, what would be the best way to get from Concord to Logan Airport using public transportation? Also, if I do need to call a cab, does anybody know a ballpark figure for the fare?

Thanks guys, I know this is several months in the future, but if it keeps me from having to get a ride from my half-blind and fully senile grandfather, I'm all for it.
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

OK, there is an MBTA commuter rail station in Concord (West Concord Station). You can take that to the Porter Square station, and from there pick up the Red Line subway to South Station. From South Station, there is a bus to Logan Airport.

That route is courtesy of http://www.mbta.com

It should take about 90 minutes and cost $8.25 total. Not too bad, eh?

The catch is that the station is about a full mile walk from your hotel, and I have NO idea what sort of cab service is available in the Concord area.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Thank you muchly, Dave. Just a mile? No problem, throw the kid in the stroller and make sure I take a suitcase with wheels. On the 2 or 3 days here in Tucson where you can be outside for more than an hour without dying I often take the little guy on 2-3 mile walks. Don't let the short legs and major curves fool you, I honestly do know what physical exertion is.

Comment

Well, I figured that a mile would be a pain in the ass with luggage. I wasn't implying that you couldn't do it.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Oh, I know that. Besides, if all else fails I have a large wheeled duffle bag that will fit several sets of clothes for us both, toiletries, toddler, stroller, and still have enough room for souveniers. I figure if I let Nelson stick his head out like a puppy in a sack (a la Where the Red Fern Grows) he'll be fine.

Of course that's dependent on whether or not I succeed in snekaing the little guy into my dad's luggage as a surprise when they get to their honeymoon in Wyoming. *evil grin*

Comment

Working...
          X