This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kitties are getting ready to make their move

So my wife and I were getting ready to take our 3 cats to the vet. To lessen any problems we might have catching them and getting them in the carriers, I had put them in the upstairs bathroom for about 5-10 mins. Then time came to collect the fuzzies and go to the vet. But lo-and-behold the bathroom door couldn't open more than 2 inches. Why? Because the brats had managed to pull open a drawer under my sink, effectively blocking the door from opening. Cue me running around for 5 min trying to find something long and thing to push the door closed. At one point my wife looks at me and says "you know, I think they know where they're going"

But we won, and all kitties are good on their shots for a year. But now I'm worried that they're getting ready to make their move to take over the house.
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

I just laughed so hard it scared the purring leech-kitty off my lap! You might want to learn how to sleep with one eye open......

Comment

Although a bit of advice...don't use a front-opening carrier unless it opens from the top as well...cats don't always want to go back in, let alone out...
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        don't use a front-opening carrier unless it opens from the top as well...cats don't always want to go back in, let alone out...
        When I still had Kitty, he hated going to the vet. Getting him into the carrier was difficult--he'd bite and scratch But, once he was in there, he wouldn't come out! He knew that he was going to get a shot. Only way to get him out...was to take the carrier completely apart.

Sally and Baxter aren't nearly as bad. They'll fight getting put into their (top-loading) carriers, but they can't put up much of a fight to stay in them. Odd, because the first time I took them to the vet, they both jumped into the carriers
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Ours just sook up to whoever's holding them at the vets...it's funny to watch really as one of them is more inclined to fight than anything and is a bit of a bully to his younger brother...place him with a vet who holds the needles though and he just cuddles straight up into mum or dad...
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

When we got the cat carrier in anticipation of Hetfield's trip(s) to the vet, we set it on the floor with the flap open.

Both kitties sleep in it on occasion.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wow, they are smart kitties.

You should watch out. Soon they'll be having cat parties and locking out out of the house.
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Man, all my cats hate leaving the house. I leave the carrier out all the time, one does like to sleep in it. But as soon as the carrier crosses the threshhold of the apartment they freak.

And fun for me. In two weeks Im driving from ohio to ca with all three cats. I think Im going to leave the carrier open and let them move about to lessen the stress. But for them and me.
                Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                  Our boy kitty also gets sweaty paws when he gets stressed. After a minute or two on the exam table you can see little wet footyprints all over the place. It's kinda cute.
                  That's so cute!!

Hetfield's ears get dark pink/light red when he's at the vet. Poor thing. He likes sniffing around, though.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X