This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a sense of timing have I...

I called my father to wish him a happy Father's Day. When I called, I noticed the answering machine didn't pick up. Fairly odd as my parents usually set it at 3 rings. I called his cell and left a message. He called me back in about 10 minutes. After I wished him a happy day, he told me why the machine didn't take.

He was on the phone when I called, talking to his sister. She had called to let him know that my grandmother, their mother, had a stroke. She's been taking off her support and placed into hospice.

I didn't know what to say. I felt like such an ass wishing him a happy Father's Day when he just found out his own mother is nearing the end of her life. What's worse, I can't seem to function well. I can barely concentrate on just the list of things I need. All I can think about is my liter of Diet Pepsi and my greasy pizza. I'm glad my wife is here. I need her right now...
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Don't be kicking yourself for that; it's not like you knew and you're not psychic.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You couldn't have known what was happening right then. You shouldn't be mad at yourself for wanting to wish your dad a happy father's day.

My prayers are with your grandmother, and my thoughts with you family.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I had read this earlier, right after it was posted in fact but hadn't know what to say. I came back to it again and still have no words other then I wish the ease for your family at this time and for you to not beat yourself up. No one knows what is happening to another at any given time. Be brave.

Comment

I'll be thinking of you and your family. Don't beat yourself up. You can't know about these things.

My prayers are with you guys too.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Thanks everyone. I feel better and am moving into the planning stages. I never got to go to the funerals of my paternal grandfather or my maternal grandmother. I'm going to try find a way to go this time.
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
            X