This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good day

Before 5:30 am, I'd had a chat with a lass I've not seen for ages - she's now in the US and we chatted on MSN. She tried to suggest I only hung around a female chum to bag off with her. No, she wasn't proffering herself as an acceptable alternative. They never are.

I was on the rota for one department, but by nine am I'd worked in three.

By five pm, a chum had suggested that the next time I go to his place he should book in some ladies of negotiable affection, to which I responded that I wasn't going to pay for something I wasn't going to use.

By seven pm, I'd baked cookies. Cookies make it all worthwhile.

Rapscallion

Can I have a cookie? I don't feel so hot. Cookies would help.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Elderflower or hazelnut and maple? I reduced the elderflower cordial somewhat, but it wasn't enough. A very delicate flavour, unfortunately.

Rapscallion

Comment

Never heard of an elderflower cookie...

But I don't like hazelnuts, so...

...nom...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Cookies make it all worthwhile.
          All opening posts on cs.com need to end with those five words. Stress would plummet.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Ah yes, the magic of Freshly Made Cookies. *basks*

Have you ever had rose cookies? They are lovely. My friend once brought me some in a woven basket. They were even covered with a gingham cloth. I was working at the time and it was really great.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Cookies better than hookers ... so glad this wasn't a poll thread.

Comment

I've gone and read your "Cookies" thread and now that I've gone and broken my bread machine and am waiting for a replacement, I do believe I will be doing some baking of the cookies!

Thanks for the nudge! My DH will not be happy. Supposed to hit 29 degrees today and I'll be heating up the house - not good - but needs must be met .

I'm going to try mixing my dough, freezing some in a roll to cut off as needed and just baking a small batch in the toaster oven. Wonder if that'll work...
                No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
                  Thanks for the nudge!
                  I'm not even a pretty face, so I've got to have something going for me.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                    Cookies better than hookers ... so glad this wasn't a poll thread.
                    This poll would be surprisingly theoretical for me.
                    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

mmmmmhhhmmmmm Coookkkkiiieeessss!

Comment

Working...
                      X