This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LARPing

With the Houston NERO chapter shutting down and the closet NERO chapter is in Dallas, 4 hours away. I discovered a LARP here called Amtgard, I am not sure anyone on this board is a part of that but, I would be interested in what it is like?
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

.....must......not.....godammit

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! SLEEP!

>.>

Comment

I was expecting that one
      Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

One of the other forums I run has a LARP section - http://www.devilspanties.com/forums/...isplay.php?f=5

It's mostly because Jennie (our comic artist) LARPS and had her own comic based around that called geebasonparade - same rules as here for joining (no spam, new member moderation). Slightly more violent approach to life.

Rapscallion

Comment

I have a friend who does Amtgard. Don't know much about it though. He seems to enjoy it though.

Comment

Amptgard is like SCA, but instead of raton weapons they have boffers.
            This is the definition I was given years ago in the SCA by someone who used to do Amptgard.
            So its dressing up like you're in the middle ages and playing along those lines.

Comment

The only LARP I know is the IFGS but unfortunately, the closest chapter is also in Dallas.

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
              X