This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs You Never Expected to See.

I work in a museum. Because of our nice auditorium and public spaces the place is a popular venue for graduations. We've been having them every day.

This morning I noticed a new sign at the entrance.

"Balloons are prohibited within the museum. We apologize for any inconvenience."
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

On the side of the road: Asparagus Ahead.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

At the Hill Air Force Base South Gate, after a remodel, two of 4 signs: (since replaced)

Visitor Parking
      30 Minute
      Maximum
      ------------------
      Two Away
      Zone

I wonder if they re-posted them at the baseball field in front of the visiting teams dugout?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Seen in a glass shop:

Unattended children will be towed at owner's expense.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

On a certain road where there have been many, many accidents from people ignoring the stop sign:

STOP SIGN AHEAD

and later, a home made sign was put up even further from the stop sign:

"STOP SIGN AHEAD" SIGN AHEAD

Comment

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

If I can find the sign again, I'll photograph it and post the photo. This was not two signs, one under the other, but ONE sign. This is important.

THAI MASSAGE

BOWLING

Comment

Just remembered another one I don't have a photo of.

Two billboards, one above the other.

The first: "HANG GLIDING NEXT LEFT" (ad for a hang gliding place)

The second: "TAKE A CRASH COURSE" (ad for St John first aid courses)

ETA: then there was the time "MUMMY RETURNS THE GIFT" appeared on the new releases board at the video store...

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                  Just remembered another one I don't have a photo of.

Two billboards, one above the other.

The first: "HANG GLIDING NEXT LEFT" (ad for a hang gliding place)

The second: "TAKE A CRASH COURSE" (ad for St John first aid courses)

ETA: then there was the time "MUMMY RETURNS THE GIFT" appeared on the new releases board at the video store...
                  I think I know the spot you're talking about...
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I just remembered that in my city there are a restaurant and an animal hospital sharing a driveway and a signpost. The restuaurant sign is on the top and below it is the animal hospital sign.

When I was a kid, there was also a junkyard next to a cemetery. When viewed from a certain angle, it would appear that "Charlie's Used Parts" referred to the cemetery. The running joke in the car whenever we drove by was "Do you get a discount if you dig your own?"

In other cemetery-related news, for the longest time there was a little sign at the intersection where my brother's church was located. The sign advertised live bait. The problem with this was that the church's cemetery was located at that intersection too, and the sign was in the cemetery.
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

The graduations reminded me of my own college graduation.

It was held in a large movie theater. The maquee was partially changed to announce the graduation but not entirely. People arriving for the ceremony were amused to read.

"College of X Commencement
                      Escape from Planet of the Apes"
                      Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post
                        The graduations reminded me of my own college graduation.

It was held in a large movie theater. The maquee was partially changed to announce the graduation but not entirely. People arriving for the ceremony were amused to read.

"College of X Commencement
                        Escape from Planet of the Apes"
                        Now that could be truth in advertising . . .I felt that way 21 years ago when I graduated from high school.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

How about a sign by some 1st floor bathrooms that says, HANDICAPPED RESTROOMS ON SECOND FLOOR.

Comment

Can't post it because it's on Kodachrome (R.I.P. 1935-2009) instead of digital, but "Parking Permitted" with the double-headed arrow indicating that it's OK to park on either side of the sign - a few feet from a fire hydrant.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My favorite Fail blog post of all time.

Edit: I may have a new favorite...
                              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-27-2009, 04:36 AM.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X