This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what was your reaction?

I know there are other threads on the death of Michael Jackson, and on his music. I'd like to know what your reaction was when you heard.

As for me, I hadn't heard anything of his collapse or emergency trip to the hospital. I got on the computer this morning, fired it up, and read "Michael Jackson was too young to die".

Uh, WAIT a minute. My reaction: He's DEAD? What in hell happened? How old was he? What?

It took me a few minutes of searching even to confirm that he WAS dead. I found it on a gossip site, much to my dismay.

So, I thought, here's number 3. It's still sinking in; the guy just didn't seem likely to leave for some time.

How did you react?

I was mildly sad, his music was good for pop, and back in the day he was quite the entertainer.

I am sad that he didn't have a good childhood, causing him to have emotional/mental issues that caused some very questionable actions and hope next time around on the wheel he has a better life.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I was driving and listening to the radio when I heard. I also had an initial reaction of disbelief
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I went on facebook and saw some posts my friends put up and thought and hoped that it was some silly ass rumor. So I high tailed it to sun-sentinel.com (my local newspaper's website) and found the headliner confirming that it was all true. I was and still am in shock over it. So later on I started playing all of his hits on my laptop. Then I texted my two sisters and they replied back at how they knew about it too and were in just as much shock as I was. Fifty is too young to die to be honest, it's scary and sad at the same time how somebody could be taken at a young age but then again it sobers you up about how life is fleeting and how it can be taken from you so quickly.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

my reaction word for word was as follows:

Micheal Jackson is dead ? really? was it suicide? it wasn't ? ok how long til break?

not to be cold but I'm much more interested in what is going to become of all the copyrights his estate owns

Comment

I was on Twitter, and followed the whole story, from the time he was taken to the hospital to the time his death was confirmed. I was really shocked, but I can't honestly say I was upset because I never really liked his music (except for the song Thriller). But even though I was never a fan of his, it felt like he was always there--in the news, on tv, on the radio, etc. Feels weird that he's gone.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I was listening to the radio and somebody was talking about Michael Jackson, and I thought "What did he do now? Why are we talking about him when Farrah Fawcett's the one who died today?"

And then I turned on the TV.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I confess, my reaction was less than Christian...

...My favorite husband mentioned when he came home last night. My reaction, word-for-word was, "Really??!!! You're not making that up, are you? Honest? Thank you, GOD!!! And please help those poor fucked up children of his!"

I do feel sad for his parents, though. It's always a tragedy to have your children predecease you, regardless of the circumstances.

Comment

Well, I've been out taking care of errands all morning and just came home a little while ago. Didn't find out till I logged on here to check my emails and whatnot and saw it on my web portal.

My first thought, actually, was suicide. Glad that was not the case, but with all the crazy stuff the dude's been doing to his body, I can't say I'm all that suprised. He had health problems and substance issues. The human body can only take so much.

Sad, but I'm not too shocked by it.

Comment

I actually found out on here, yesterday, and I was quite sad. I think the guy's had a tough life in the public eye, and I think between the constant scrutiny and that condition that blanched his skin, he ended up a little cracked. I'm glad that most of the stuff I'm seeing is focusing on his musical achievements, moreso than the unfortunate parts of his life. Today, I'm paying tribute at work by putting his greatest hits cd on loop.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Now, y'all are going to think I'm a total cold hearted bitch, but my first thought was "Crap, there goes all the coverage on Iran. I'm not going to be able to watch CNN for a week." My days have been free lately, and I've been fascinated by what's going on over there and watching with great interest. But today I know it's going to be alllll about him and Farrah.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

My first thoughts? "Oh no no no no no...this can't be true. All those jerks are going to have a hey day with this." And sure as heck, both counts. I stopped reading forums outside of CS/EH because of it.
                        Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

I got a text message from McGoddess while I was asleep yesterday afternoon and I just thought "Wtf?" and rolled back over.

Then when I woke up, I went online and everyone's Facebook status was "ZOMG Michael Jackson is dead!"
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well my reaction was more shock than anything else. I was following the stuff coming out after Farrah died and wondering who the third person would be ....when all of a sudden a co worker said it was going to be Michael Jackson cause he was in the hospital (this was right before the confirmations of death started coming in). I liked his music....I think he had an incredible amount of talent that he spent a lot of years not utilizing. He's been around my whole life so it's weird to know he's gone.

I'm mainly depressed because all of the celebrity icons from my youth are basically gone now or close to it I'm gettin' old.
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

My first reaction, since I heard it from a teenage neighbor who had come over to help me in our garden and play with the kids, was that it was one of those stupid silly rumors about a celebrity dying that circle all the time. I was SURE it was a joke or something.

So we went inside and turned on the TV. It was set on ESPN and THEY were talking about it -- so I knew he must really be dead. At that point all I could think was "That's so sad. His poor kids."

I just hope the media respects his wishes and keeps the identity of his children and where they are pretty quiet. He worked very hard to grant them at least some anonymity.
                              I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Working...
                              X