Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Daniel Jackson. I think his character was my favorite even from the original movie. But I looooved Jonas Quinn, though everyone else seemed to hate him.

I haven't really watched seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1. To me, it lost most of it's appeal with the Ori. I thoroughly enjoyed Atlantis and I'm still mad that they cancelled it. I think it should have gotten one more season to flesh things out.

I also have all the seasons for SG-1 and I think the first three seasons for Atlantis. I also own all the movies that have come out.

Ba'al was my favorite too. That was a great bad guy and I think *the* bad guy of the whole series (well, after he was introduced). He's got to be the longest lasting, anyway.

Comment

currently own the three movies (Stargate, Ark of truth, Continuum) 1-10 of SG1 and 1-4 of sga, and the core book for the rpg. anxiously awaiting the atlantis movie and the new series stargate universe.

To the ori haters: continuum has nothing to do with the ori. Also I really like the Ori and you may have a better time of it if you pretend it is a different show or spinoff of the old one, between the cast changes and the new badguys it basically is a new show.

Also someone commented on scifi actors getting around, by the time stargate and atlantis had finished they had actors from: dead like me, star trek tng, princess bride, firefly, psi factor, andromeda, farscape, macguyver and more in the show and a lot of them were major characters.

Also you guys should try David hewlett's movie a dog's breakfast, it has him his sister, dr. beckett and teal'c.

SG1 is my favorite show of all time, sga is number two.

Window of opportunity and lost city are my favourtie episodes.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        That's because JMS (the executive producer and the guy who came up with and pretty much wrote the show) pretty much had the entire series fleshed out before the episodes were even written. That's why it's so difficult to find the differences in episodes with different directors. It also allowed the show to do episodic stories without breaking the major arc(s).

D
        that is what I LOVED about B5. JMS wrote the show to BE a 5 season story arc (except that PTEN canceled it after 4 seasons and TBS picked it up. that is why the end of season 4 was that peice of crap look into the future/past). yeah to TBS for at least picking up season 5 (thank whatever I had cable at the time)

and the spinoff show (can not remember the name Crusadue I think ) was supposed to be a 3 season story arc but only lasted one season
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 06-28-2009, 08:13 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          I don't know why I didn't get into this series when it was on. I've been watching the DVDs (well, I've done the first two discs of season one) and it's very interesting.

Why do I tend to not be interested in series like these when they are on?

(And yes, I plan on watching Atlantis when this season is done).
          Indeed.
          Testing
          "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I had to walk through their damn sets constantly on my way to work.

Most their bases, head quarters and cafes were right next to my old office or one block further down at the Vancouver Art Gallery. They loved the Gallery and the Vancouver Law Courts as shooting locations. So I was forever walking through a shitload of studio lights, military humvees and oddly costumed extras.

God they had a lot of humvees. Any one set they going usually had 4-6 military humvees dominating the street.

Funny part is I didn't even watch the show at the time ( nor have I much at all ), so I couldn't tell you if I bumped into any of the cast or not.. >.>

Comment

It's not that I don't like the Ori as bad guys (Hell, you never actually see one onscreen) so much as it is that each and every villian was supposedly more deadly than the last, yet they easily beat them.

I hate most of the Ascended with a passion though (Except for Oma, Gannos and Myrdin) their mortal enemy has invaded their galaxy and in in the process of converting/conquering it and you can't even be bothered to get off your arse and do something. Plus they're uptight and somewhat arseholeish beings (going off what they put Oma through after one simple mistake)

I liked the fact that actors from other sci fi shows turned up, probably because they happened to be my favourite actors of the shows.

As for bad guys, Yeah, Ba'al was great.

The only thing that annoyed me were some minor inconsitencies, Ra Apparantlley dominated the earth, and yet each goa'uld somehow took on the persona of one of the earth gods (though i suppose they all could have ruled at some point, though that's never really been gone through) but, from a mythological standpoind, It wound me up that the Asgard, who were supposed to have taken the persona of the Norse Gods, were called the Asgard, Asgard was the home of the norse gods, Aesir was the name of their race.
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                that is what I LOVED about B5. JMS wrote the show to BE a 5 season story arc (except that PTEN canceled it after 4 seasons and TBS picked it up. that is why the end of season 4 was that peice of crap look into the future/past). yeah to TBS for at least picking up season 5 (thank whatever I had cable at the time)
                Hey, Deconstruction of Falling Stars is one of my favorite eps! It even has an homage to Canticle for Leibowitz!
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

It's ok I didn't get into the show until the beginning of the 7th season. But i managed to play catch up. It's a fun series, and I hope SG Universe is as good as it looks in the trailers.

Comment

Working...
                  X