This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu

The Beau just installed Ubuntu to our second hard drive... Wow. I have to say I am loving this system... it kicks window's butt as far as I can tell... at least for the programs that I use religiously. ^_^ Thought I'd stare

((of course he was smart and made sure my user profile has NO power... hehe I can barely change my desk top with out his approval.... cause you know... if anyone ever did managed to REALLY break the Internet.... It would be me.... smart man I have.))

lol
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

My boyfriend uses it for his server and loves it. I haven't used it too much myself, but it seems pretty cool. Is it hard to pick up if you haven't used anything except Windows?

Comment

I had it on a second PC for a while - it worked great but won't run many of the programs I use on a regular bases. Fast, easy to use, and free.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
        Is it hard to pick up if you haven't used anything except Windows?
        So far I haven't had much trouble at all. Everything is relatively straight forward. There is no "Start" menu bar, instead there are 3 menus up at the top... those are the only thing hanging me up right now cause I have to look through them all to find what I want... but It's getting easier. I still have my Windows on my other hard drive since Ubuntu can't run some of the programs I need ((Ie Microsoft word...)) But I think I like it a heck of a lot better.
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

Working...
        X