This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guess what I saw this morning???

So me and the hubby were driving to work this morning and my hubby was shocked...crossing the street was a pair of wild turkeys. My hubby was funny he has never seen wild animals like this until we moved to my little hometown of Smithville. I'm used to it,hell they used to be in my front yard as a kid every morning.My hubby said they were such a beautiful sight. My neighbor has a donkey,a peacock,and cows.Its so funny in the evening when it their dinner time,they all start screaming at once.
    Anyways my point is that I'm so weird I enjoy seeing things like this as I go to work.It reminds me that we share the world with so many animals.

We were coming out of her place of work yesterday morning and my wife and I saw momma turkey patiently herding her five poults away from the road and back into the woods. Cute little buggers - we usually only see the adults.

Comment

One of my parents' neighbors found some wild turkey eggs and decided to incubate them (and yes, I'm pretty sure that's illegal, but anyways...) Those things are freaking huge. They'd get into our yard and scare the hell out of our dog, Dad would have to get in his truck to herd them out of our yard.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

We get them out here like crazy. They can be pretty intimidating when they don't want to move from in front of your shed which conveniently is where I needed to be.

The babies are cute as buttons tho
        Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

See if you can find out where they nest. Thanksgiving ain't that far off.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

There were two wild turkeys that lived on my college campus - Tom and Jenny. Jenny got hit by a car the year before I started there, but Tom could usually be found either down by the lake or hanging out in a tree in front of the library. (He died during my senior year.)

There's a farm in my area that raises emus. Baby emus are cute.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hubby roomie and I spent some quality time spooting birds in teh mulberry tree yesterday early evening while hot tubbing.

We decided that after 2 squirrels, a pheasant, and assorted ortolan [edible songbirds] we should have brought out the gun and made a nice game casserole.

We regularly have turkeys and deer wandering through, we toss leftover popcorn out into the field to see what wanders past=)
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Never seen a turkey before, but I remember once in high school hanging out with some friends, driving through the backroads in the desert. Out of nowhere a roadrunner darted across the road, and the driver swerved in time to miss it. As it disappeared, I remember him (the driver) screaming after it:

"Meep meep to you, too, fucker!!!"

Ahhh...memories...

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  One of my parents' neighbors found some wild turkey eggs and decided to incubate them.
                  and I thought those were just empty bottles... well, huh....
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Love wild turkeys.....see 'em all over CT, and it never gets boring.

Was up visting the bf sometime last November, and there was a turkey just walking down the center of town....and this was a rural town at all. It was pretty funny to see.
                    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                    X