This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

I have an appointment this afternoon with a counselor, and I'm deadset on keeping it. Must not talk myself out of that.
    Good for keeping the appointment Lupo. I know you read my thread on what happened to me. Hardest thing for me was making an appointment to see someone. I finally did and I haven't looked back.

Keep doing what you love. That's important. If you need time off from work, have that too. I have a rule at work that I discussed with my boss, which is "if I need 5 minutes to sit down and calm down, I get it, which is counted as a loo/drink break (which we get unlimited ones) But whatever you do, do not give up on a normal routine.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Thanks fireheart. Yes, I kept my appointment. Yes, it helped. I told the counselor how I felt like I was blowing my situation out of proportion compared to what others have gone through and she--very politely and professionally, mind you--told me I was essentially full of it. It was unexpected and uninvited, and thus, an assault. Period. End of story. What happened to me happened to me, and using other rapes and assaults as yard sticks to measure my experience against is quite stupid.

I think I like this lady.

I DID go to the bookstore yesterday. Wandered around. hit the coffee shop and relaxed for a bit. Had a few of the usual occurrences with a guy or two wandering over and attempting rather halff-assedly to get my number or hit on me. Few shaky moments there, but one guy was actually polite. He asked for my number, i said not. He said cool, whatever, have a great day. Most polite refusal I've ever gotten.

Anyways, I think I'm going to be ok. I go back to work tomorrow. We shall see from there how it plays out, I think.

Once again, thanks for all the support. ( Seem to be saying that an awful lot in the last year...) It means so much, guys, so thanks.

ETA: RootedPhoenix: I likes hummus, too! Num! And stepdad's home, but is scheduled to visit a neurologist this week. There's some nerve issues, that we think are complications from a rare blood disorder he has. He was admitted so they could run the entire alphabet of tests on him, PET, CAT, MRI, etc, etc.
      Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 07-11-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        We love everybody! And we could take her to Santa Fe for lots of general lovey feelings. That city is great for that.

But, no, not El Paso, she's been through enough!
        Lupo has family in El Paso. But NM would be better. Yes.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

No matter where you are in relation to you family, darling, you always have a family a click away!

CS <> you.
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

You'll get through this, Lupo. ^^

Ah, yes. Calling the mommy. Whenever something bad happens, people in general just revert to a 6 year old.

Also, I hope you're not still beating yourself up over not kicking/thwacking/otherwise physically defending yourself. It's easy for anyone to SAY they'd do XYZ, but you never really know if you'll fight or flee until you're in the situation.

I'd have to say 9/10 people would rather make a break for safer territory than risk a fight they aren't guarenteed to win. Which, IMHO, is a way better idea.

Also, little tip for folk in general: if someone's got your wrists or some other hold with their hand(s), the thumb is the weak spot. My Ex was so annoyed that I picked that up so easy. XD

(Fun wrestling, nothing dangerous. He wasn't allowed to use his legs, even)
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
            X