Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is what husbands are for you know?

The other day my wife was calling friend after friend looking for ibuprofen tablets - I guess she ran out and didn't want to stop to get them on her way to meet up with them.

While she's on the phone, I get up and walk over to my laptop bag, pull out a little bottle and get her attention as I toss it to her.

She catches it.

It was a bottle full of 200mg ibuprofen tablets.

And why didn't she just ask me in the beginning???

(Yes, I keep a small pharmacy in my laptop bag).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I always have a bottle of Aleve in my purse and a big ass bottle on my desk in the computer room. I have a freakin pharmacy both at home and away! That's what fiancees/wives are for!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Husbands are there to go buy medicine and Sprite at the 24 hour Walgreen's at 3am when you're puking your guts out over the toilet. And then make you homemade chicken noodle soup the next day as well as other general spoiling and pampering until you feel better.

Yes, my hubby is such a darling. No, you can't have him.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
        Yes, my hubby is such a darling. No, you can't have him.
        Its ok hes not my type...you know....married
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I always take a mini-pharmacy with me when we go on trips of any kind. Usually consists of two kinds of ibuprofen, excedrin migraine (just in case), antacid tablets, and sometimes Midol...depending on the time of the month. >.>

Yeah, I travel stocked.

Comment

I'm one of those people where asprins and such rarely work. On the rare occasion I do take something I usually exceed the dosage by a pill or two. And you're never going to get more than vitamins, birth control, or some prescription from me.

Also, I thought husbands were for reaching things off the top shelf and sex.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              (Yes, I keep a small pharmacy in my laptop bag).
              I have two small pharmacies-one in my messenger bag and one in my bicycle bag-apparently word has gotten around at work about it.......They also now know about my first aid kit......
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

We have all been told that in case of an emergency, we should have a 3 month supply of all necessary meds on hand (yeah, right). For either DH or me, a ONE WEEK supply would be felony time for controlled substances for anybody else. And we're supposed to have a 3 month supply on hand???

Since we both take pretty much the same stuff, I usually end up carrying for both of us. He still gets stuff off the top shelves for me, though! :-)
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Oh yes, my work backpack has a laptop, my drawing pencils and pens and painkillers for practically any sort of injury short of a missing limb. Along with muscle relaxers in the event I traumatize my back or another limb at any point. Not that I have any trouble with my back these days aside from avoiding heavy lifting. But just in case. -.-

Comment

I always have a healthy-sized bottle of ibuprofen in my backpack, and this is generally known by my friends and coworkers, who from time to time will ask me for some. I am happy to oblige them, as long as they don't abuse it. Lately, no one has.

WHY do I carry so much ibuprofen with me? When I was 16, I shattered my jaw, and there are still days when I have to down the stuff like candy. And since ibuprofen is the only stuff that really works on me (and it really helps with hangovers), it makes sense for me to have it in ready supply.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

I have generic Ibuprofen and Tylenol with me; I stagger them on bad days. (I have scoliosis). Water pills go along also for a couple weeks out of the month, or else I can't fit in my clothes!
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                      X